Seat Pads

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Kompact
Regular User
Regular User

Seat Pads

Post by Kompact »

Any recommendations? I ride year round so need something that will stand up to the rain and elements.

Was looking at the Airhawk and some gel pads from other suppliers. Anyone have any experience?
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red

Re: Seat Pads

Post by j.d.b. »

I have one from this fine shop: Cheeky Seats https://scooterseatcovers.net/index.php ... bcc17927eb
Very nice work and fast service.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Attachments
pads.jpg
pads.jpg (8.42 KiB) Viewed 1748 times
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

I have 22,000km on my Airhawk seat pad. Done several 500-600km rides in one day.
They are worth every penny. :D
Attachments
12 (1024x683).jpg
12 (1024x683).jpg (397.41 KiB) Viewed 1737 times
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
Kompact
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Kompact »

The Airhawk looked like the bees knees to me. Glad to get some real world feedback, thanks.

Any guess on which one would best fit the Forza? http://www.motosport.com/search?textsea ... cksearch=1
Things are bloody expensive!
TonyM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: red

Post by TonyM »

I've used a pad made by a company, "Butt Buffer" and their pads are great. I have the "Classic Butt Buffer" style and it has a cloth type cover on it so I don't know how water resistant it might be. I've never ridden in the rain with one as I always take off the pad when it is raining.

You might contact the company and ask if they can fit a water resistant cover on one. They are less expensive than the Airhawk and as I said, they are great! http://www.buttbuffer.com/products/
US Army vet
Previous rides: many motorcycles; 2007 Honda Silverwing; 2009 Kymco S250; and 2008 Burg 400
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Only from whitenoise :D
Kompact
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Kompact »

I was looking at those ones too Tony, they are a good bit cheaper which is nice.
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

I've used AirHawks for years, and they're the best I've tried! Put many, many K's of Miles on them! I've tried, Gel Pads, Beaded Covers, Memory Foam, and I STRUCK GOLD, when I tried the AirHawk. I've got a Cruiser Size, that I swapped from my Honda Big Ruckus 250, and it fits perfect on my Forza. I also have the Rectangle Pillion AirHawk, that I plan to use as a Back Rest, like I did on my Big Ruckus.

The TRICK IS..... put just enough air inside of the Cushion, that your butt is "BARELY FLOATING", over the seat. You don't want too much air, where you feel the Cells inside, and you've put too much, if you have to readjust your mirrors.

They're easy to adjust, while you're sitting on the cushion. The Inflator-Tube, has a Twist Knob on the end, so you can let a bit of air out at a time. If you Over-Deflate it, hop off, and try it again.

Try it out! Well worth the investment. BTW... they usually come with a Patch Kit, like for a Bicycle Tube, in the event you accidentally puncture it.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Current Scoot: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS (Red October)

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250
buddy1976
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by buddy1976 »

Honda forza 125 2019
Malossi multivar 2000 with 8.5gr rollers
Yellow malossi contra spring
Malossi delta clutch and bell
Malossi special kevlar belt
K and n air filter
Akrapovic exhaust
BC BCTX7L-FP-S LiFePO4 Battery

Honda Pcx 125 esp 2012 uk model
Malossi Multivar 10.5g rollers
Malossi White Contra Spring
Malossi yellow clutch springs
Daytona reinforced belt
ADVANCEPro Large Diameter Drive Face
ADVANCEPro PCX125 Fi High Rigidity Bearing Slider
DNA Performance air filter
Removed air box flange
Removed seat hump
Ermax+25 windshield
Kompact
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Kompact »

Thanks BB, think I'll just bite it and pay for the Airhawk. V2 looks nice with the redesign.
Blackbeard1718
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Blackbeard1718 »

Kompact wrote:Thanks BB, think I'll just bite it and pay for the Airhawk. V2 looks nice with the redesign.

KOMPACT!

Please keep in mind, that the Bladder for the AirHawk 2, is made of Polyurethane, Not Rubber. The Original AirHawk Bladders are made from Rubber.

The AirHawk 2 Polyurethane Bladder Redesign, was intended for Weekend Riders, whereas the Original AirHawks Rubber Bladder, was designed for Long Term Riding, e.g., Daily Rider, Touring, etc.

The AirHawk 2 Polyurethane Bladder, will not last as long as the Original AirHawks Rubber Bladder. This is why you'll notice a Price Difference, between the AirHawk and AirHawk 2.

Just wanted to offer that tidbit of info.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Current Scoot: 2014 Honda Forza 300 ABS (Red October)

Former Scoots: TNG Verona 150, Kymco People S200, Kymco People S250, Suzuki Burgman 400, Honda Ruckus 50, Yamaha Zuma 125, Kymco People GTi300, Honda Big Ruckus PS250