Anyone uses Aftermarket brakes levers?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

kar120c
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 Forza 300
Color: White

Anyone uses Aftermarket brakes levers?

Post by kar120c »

I am interested in aftermarket brake levers, like the Bikers one http://www.powerbyforza.com/en/bikers/7 ... s-300.html
Anyone has experience with these levers?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Anyone uses Aftermarket brakes levers?

Post by homie »

I have seen many members with these but I haven't cared to change the color or design of stock levers. Plus I don't know what folding them does for you. There are never any images of them folded, just the little lever lock is visible. perhaps you could explain the point and practical use of changing stock levers to folding ones.
kar120c
Regular User
Regular User

Post by kar120c »

homie wrote:I have seen many members with these but I haven't cared to change the color or design of stock levers. Plus I don't know what folding them does for you. There are never any images of them folded, just the little lever lock is visible. perhaps you could explain the point and practical use of changing stock levers to folding ones.
I'll like to change the stock levers only because they are ugly
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

kar120c wrote:
homie wrote:I have seen many members with these but I haven't cared to change the color or design of stock levers. Plus I don't know what folding them does for you. There are never any images of them folded, just the little lever lock is visible. perhaps you could explain the point and practical use of changing stock levers to folding ones.
beauty is in the stock ones in my eye :lol: but can you explain how these aftermarket levers fold and why? Just curious, cant find a video.
kar120c
Regular User
Regular User

Post by kar120c »

homie wrote:
kar120c wrote:
beauty is in the stock ones in my eye :lol: but can you explain how these aftermarket levers fold and why? Just curious, cant find a video.
You are right. I didn't notice they are foldable, sorry. These may be a safety issue too, a foldable lever is more fragile
Maybe they are foldable to avoid breaking in case of crash
kar120c
Regular User
Regular User

Post by kar120c »

homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

OMG! seriously? Yes I see these to be a potential issue and to what benefit would one gain to risk such a failure on the street. We wear gloves too so there is that lack of distance perception with gloves to bump up such a stupid design.
Still I don't know what the little lever is for. Should be banned in the USA... ridiculous

educational post, thanks but does not make me feel better for him :lol:
kar120c
Regular User
Regular User

Post by kar120c »

:o :o :o :o :o
homie wrote:OMG! seriously? Yes I see these to be a potential issue and to what benefit would one gain to risk such a failure on the street. We wear gloves too so there is that lack of distance perception with gloves to bump up such a stupid design.
Still I don't know what the little lever is for. Should be banned in the USA... ridiculous

educational post, thanks but does not make me feel better for him :lol:
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

If this is a feature to lessen the damage of a LEVER in a crash whilst increasing the chances of having one then fools beware. Now with that being established about folding ones lets get back to the non-folding colorful levers and what the tiny lever is for.
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

I'm using very good quality foldable levers which i've bought from fleabay with stainless bolts from bikerzbits. (I can dig up links to them an case it would be needed)
I have to say I love them. The folding mechanism can potentially get you home after a smaller crash or slide without braking the whole brake arm or so - and I definitely don't see that these would be anyhow weaker than the original units.
I have to say though it was not the selling point for me. I wanted adjustable short levers as I have relatively small hands and I got used to a specific way of braking and holding my index and middle finger on the brake while cruising what I could not realize with the stock levers.
It is an added benefit that they really look god on the bike too.
Together with the brake disc and pad upgrade I definitely love the way my PCX stops now. Not only more powerful, but a lot more controllable with very good feel and comfort.
As a matter of fact a friend of mine -who happens to be a motorcycle journalist and has a 2015 PCX 150 as his own daily driver - just ordered the same combination after riding mine.

p.s. the small levers are for adjusting the main lever distance from the grips. It is a common stock feature on almost all sportbikes - even my old Bandit had one what was a four way adjustable disc.

p.s.2 The video shows a really stupid user with a very badly set up lever alignment. If one's brake levers are tilted so much upwards to be able to flip them up, he would not be able to brake with normal non foldable levers either.
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

I've had these adjustable levers on the bike for 8 months and am perfectly happy with them. Bought them off ebay. They look much better to me than the stock levers
New Brakes  2 2-12-14.JPG
New Brakes 2 2-12-14.JPG (102.36 KiB) Viewed 4182 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Oyabun wrote:
p.s. The video shows a really stupid user with a very badly set up lever alignment. If one's brake levers are tilted so much upwards to be able to flip them up, he would not be able to brake with normal non foldable levers either.
a favorable testimony with colorful critique...
Attachments
mac.jpg
mac.jpg (6.61 KiB) Viewed 4181 times
frankiejr
Year: Forza 2016
Color: Rothsman

Post by frankiejr »

Introducing Ridea brand from Taiwan...it has a 'switch' for lock up the brake as hand brake...

http://www.ridea-bikes.com/products/cat ... zPrqtR95pg
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

U-KANAYA are great non folding...adjustable brake levers for the Forza in nice colors.
Search my pix of them on my Forza if interested. Webikejapan shipped quickly.
Great quality parts. Ten minutes to fit.
Fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I must say that until I saw this video I did not know that they made foldable brake levers. That is scary. I have the adjustable ones on both of our bikes. Neither of them folds up. They have gone through an accident so far and still work like a charm, though mine did show some wear after sliding down the highway. Still, they work fine and we can adjust the levers to fit our particular hands. As an examp,e, if my wife wants to ride my bike she only has to adjust the levers to fit her reach. She has short fingers which gave her some problems when using the standard levers that came on her bike, while I have fairly long fingers with a much larger grasp.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers