Why not an easy bolt on topbox?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Why not an easy bolt on topbox?

Post by Walrus »

Does anyone besides me think Honda should have designed the Forza for an easy bolt on top case or luggage rack for people who want to add one? The topbox seems like a fairly common addition for scooters. Why would Honda make you drill your plastic body work? A box kit could include a pre-drilled nice looking dressed replacement piece. Honda could design it with pop out plugs or screws or other easily included built-in methods to attach a box or rack. A plug in for the lights would be easy and cheap to include in the factory wiring harness. Am I missing something? Do any other brand of scooters offer this? Any thoughts or enlightening information on this very welcome.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: Why not an easy bolt on topbox?

Post by iceman »

The new PCX (2015) has a removable piece of plastic to get to the holes for a top box so maybe the new Forza's will.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The Forza 300 also has a removable panel for access to the mount points so there's no need to drill anything.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
BRed
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2023 XMax 300
Color: Grey and black

Post by BRed »

bottom side of the Forza spoiler/grab rail....

you need a mount plate to bolt on top of that piece

some boxes use proprietary mount plates
most boxes come with everything you need or at least a LIST of everything you need...
most with lights include pigtail jumper for lights to Forza harness
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

The instructions I have found looking around call for drilling the red plastic panel. Folks on here have pics of this process. Am I missing something? Is there a topbox kit is that provides the replacement piece?
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

Walrus wrote:The instructions I have found looking around call for drilling the red plastic panel. Folks on here have pics of this process. Am I missing something? Is there a topbox kit is that provides the replacement piece?
Just leave the panel off.
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

Mister Paul wrote:
Walrus wrote:The instructions I have found looking around call for drilling the red plastic panel. Folks on here have pics of this process. Am I missing something? Is there a topbox kit is that provides the replacement piece?
Just leave the panel off.

I C
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

I figured out a simple way to save myself a lot of time and money. I pulled the canvas cover back off my Forza, took a long look at the pretty red scooter and said to myself, man that scooter looks just great without a topbox on it! :D As Sly and the Family Stone sang, "different strokes for different folks".
phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

we ll i for one love my top box .you don't see the small holes an when i arrived at the beach the other day . two crash helmets under the seat an two leather jackets in the top box ...walk away cool an not having to carry anything ....
having an adventure before dementia !!!!!!!
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

phantom309 wrote:we ll i for one love my top box .you don't see the small holes an when i arrived at the beach the other day . two crash helmets under the seat an two leather jackets in the top box ...walk away cool an not having to carry anything ....
I did the same thing yesterday on my Forza but a few people probably wondered why I was taking my jeans off beside the road in down town Harrison Hot Springs. I had shorts on underneath. Took my boots off and put on my sandals. Jacket, boots & pants went in the 55 liter GIVI top box, the helmet went on the cat strangler wire and assorted crap went under the seat.

No one knew I was a biker, nothing to carry!

Side note, How come people die when I go places on my Forza 300 scooter. A drunk drowned yesterday at the lake. I see lots of fatal accidents on my vast travels. Busses tip over all around me.

Be careful out there!!!