draining the fuel tank

Maintenance, guides, and walkthroughs for your Forza. Please do not post questions about repairing or fixing your bike here.

Moderator: Modsquad

cotetoi
Year: 2015
Color: forza silver

draining the fuel tank

Post by cotetoi »

Hey guys,
I have a 2015 Forza 300 with 26,00 km, new to me. It was sitting outside in a rainy week. I went to start it the other day: it caught for a few seconds and died. On the second try, it ran rough for a few seconds and died. Totally, wont start again. I pulled the plug a day later, cleaned and checked the gap; no go. It is getting gas, making all the noises, but not starting ! Spark was checked with grounding the boot to the frame, but not at the tip of the plug. I have ordered OEM plug, and a couple extra, just in case. I have read about new plugs not working !
If the plug doesn't do it, my next move would be to drain the gas and put the fresh stuff and go from there. Problem is that I don't know how to do that. Is there an alternative to the long tube down the fuel filler hole ?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Jay
hop

Re: draining the fuel tank

Post by hop »

Sounds like you are on the right track. Check the easiest first, spark, fuel, timing. If it sat a while, I would suspect bad fuel.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

take off the fuel cap, turn the scooter on its side or upside down.

there is probably a better way, the above is simple
cotetoi

Post by cotetoi »

davenowherejones : I was going to post a reply to you, but I'm holding my tongue and keeping my fingers in check.
cotetoi

Post by cotetoi »

Quick update:
After considering everything from battery check, connections, fuel tank emptying, etc, I squirted electrical cleaner into the switches and left everything to dry ( after a week of downpours). I bought 3 new spark plugs, thinking of bad plugs, etc. Yesterday I was going tp switch out the plug, but instead I tightened the battery leads and tried to start the bike. Lo and presto !!! It started on the second try and ran a bit rough for about 30 seconds and smoothed out after that. I suited up and went for a ride around the neighborhood. It is as it was before : smooth ! I think it is not a bike for prolonged spa days, does not like the wet. I will keep it under cover.