Rear shock options

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Hoyt
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Rear shock options

Post by Hoyt »

fish wrote: As I said, will be glad to be proven wrong!
We'd all like to find that great shock.
Fish
I have informations from pcx owners that are very happy with their new shocks, here in france, or in thailand. Better confort and riding abilities.

On my NC700 the shock has no settings, and i can tell the shock and the seat were very poors. On forza they are average, but that can be improved ! During the winter, i will ask about seat modification.
John24
Year: 2016
Color: white

Post by John24 »

Has anyone any comments on ride quality. I just want smooth!
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

I get a fine smooth ride with yss z series at about $125 a pair. 230 lbs
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by MBMyer »

I switched to the Malossi rear shocks at the beginning of June. The ride is not smooth (remember that I came to the Forza from a Goldwing), but it is better. And I really like having the preload adjuster up at the top; it makes me much more likely to beef it up on Sunday mornings when the wife hops on to go to church.

Oh, and I didn't bother taking any pictures because the whole process was so simple.
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring
waybar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waybar »

I had the Malossi shocks put on mine this year also. You are never going to eliminate a bumpy ride on a bumpy road with a scooter. But the ride is smoother than it was with the original shocks. There is a road here that I could hardly ride on before because of one bump after another, but with the new shocks it is much less jarring on the body going over the bumps.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I have YSS G-Euro XL, which I thought were a waste of money until I increased the preload by ~30%.
The rear doesn't bottom out anymore and impacts aren't as jarring. Still not silky smooth though...
DioTiAma
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 NSS300A
Color: Seal Silver

Post by DioTiAma »

New shocks from YSS (https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... XghbpE-Gf8)... for SH300i... and the freaking NSS300A!
Archangel585

Post by Archangel585 »

Hello, guys,

I am a 2015 forza rider from Taiwan. Nice to meet you.
I have a few questions about the rear suspension, as you
mentioned in the previous discussion, YSS rear suspension seems to be a option,
I find one here at: https://bikerzbits.com/honda-forza-nss- ... white.html
And would like to know is there any further detail afterthought about this,
If this one is not suggested,then except ohlins is there other choice? such as bitubo, etc?
please kindly share your experience, thanks in advance.:)
Russpuss
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Post by Russpuss »

I agree regarding the shocks on the new forza are pretty bad. Even at 94k, riding alone is an experience I've only had before at the fairground has a kid. To be honest it surprised and shocked me, sorry about the pun. And left me feeling a little disappointed has everything else seems fine. It is true once you have a pillion on the bike things seem much better. Reminds me of the old ford Capri sliding around due to lack of weight at the back. Back then I remember the police filling the sills with concrete to keep it on the straight and narrow.
So, after saying all that has anybody improved their forza with YSS or other shocks and when I say improved, I mean noticeable. I'd rather fork out for new shocks than numerous trips to the dentist.
Russpuss

Post by Russpuss »

Well, to be honest it sounds like people are trying to justify having spent money on new shocks. Nobody's really said, wow fantastic improvement.
Maybe a heavy weight under the seat would help lol. Take it out when you get a pillion on the back lol
Oh, just before I go. On the original shocks they have different settings does changing that help if so which setting is best?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Just a reminder, I found it easy to change the settings on the original rear shocks by inserting a big screw driver through the rear spring and pry it up. The adjuster can then be turned with the fingers, no special tool required. You might have to clean the adjuster first.
Russpuss

Post by Russpuss »

Can I just add. If anyone is thinking of use bikerzbits in Bangkok for purchasing their suspension or any other product. I'd think again, after waiting a full week for an oil filter which only had to be delivered 200k from Bangkok. And being ignored of my inquiries to where my purchase was. I gave up and cancelled my order. But hey, up to you if you like the stress of Thai stupidity.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Russpuss wrote:Can I just add. If anyone is thinking of use bikerzbits in Bangkok for purchasing their suspension or any other product. I'd think again, after waiting a full week for an oil filter which only had to be delivered 200k from Bangkok. And being ignored of my inquiries to where my purchase was. I gave up and cancelled my order. But hey, up to you if you like the stress of Thai stupidity.
Yeah, they've been really slow to reply to emails lately. And they've botched 2/3 orders I've made with them.
BUT, they have rectified those two bad orders, and for that I cannot complain. So they've always come through.
On the most recent mishap I cancelled the order all together and bought (cheaper) from PowerByPCX instead...
I hope they get their act together soon, as they were quick to respond last year even if they made mistakes.
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MBMyer »

Well, the Malossi shocks were, as I said before, a great improvement over the stock shocks.

However, today I noticed that after about a year of service, they are weeping oil. There is a good bit of dirty grease arounbd the bottoms of the things which transferred to my wands when I was checking tire pressure earlier today.

I really don’t want to put the stock shocks back on.

So, two questions.

1) Has anyone else had trouble with Malossis starting to weep oil with only a year of use?
2) Can anyone who has installed the YKK and used them long-term speak to their reliability over time?

Thanks,
Michael
6 other previous bikes
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MBMyer »

MBMyer wrote:2) Can anyone who has installed the YKK and used them long-term speak to their reliability over time?
aHEM...

Make that YSS shocks. YKK make zippers.
6 other previous bikes
Southbed
Color: Red Forza

Post by Southbed »

Changed shocks to the YSS TC 302-400-T Has made the ride much better
Attachments
Forza.jpg
Forza.jpg (157.72 KiB) Viewed 3072 times
The best way to enjoy the day is to be in the wind, If you are riding your not spending money on your ride.
Whitestix
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Whitestix »

I disliked the harsh ride of the stock shocks on my 2014 Honda Forza 300 and swapped in a pair of Malossi's today. Wow, what a huge improvement riding over our beat up surface streets. Sort of like riding on a magic carpet... a transformative change! Wow.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

2.5 years on my YSS shocks, still work fine, no leaks....
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
jimmyb
Color: Silver

Post by jimmyb »

Hi, I a new Forza rider, and though the Forza is low, I would like it a little lower, options are sculptured seat or lowering kit. I don't think there is much to come off the seat, and the lowering kit looks "dodgy" and I haven't seen any reports. A third option would be a slightly shorted pair of shocks, does anybody have any recommendations.
Keep the rubber side down

Regards Jimmy B
Honda Forza 300 (2015)
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MBMyer »

At this point, I am about to order YSS shocks. The Malossis are now toast, and on any sort of bump there is a huge, loud "whack" noise from the rear of the bike unless I have a hundred pound or so on the pillion or in the luggage. This is with only 11K on those shocks. So, we'll see what happens next.
6 other previous bikes