Forza Vs PCX

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Declare1066
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Forza Vs PCX

Post by Declare1066 »

Went to local bike shop and am drawn to change my PCX to a Forza but not sure if this is worth it as same 125cc, could you give me your opinions
Be interested to hear view points

Thank you
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Forza Vs PCX

Post by gn2 »

Are you thinking of the 125 Forza or the 300?

Is there any finance still to be paid on your PCX?

Assuming that your PCX is bought and paid for, swapping to a 125 Forza gains you improved comfort and weather protection, more underseat storage and a slightly higher top speed.

The price for a new one is absolutely eye-watering, a 300 costs roughly the same and is a far more capable machine.
Even it is expensive for what it is though.

If you are on L-plates and a CBT, my advice would be to invest in some training and either an A2 licence or if you are over 24 the DAS route to a full licence.
Then you will have access to a far wider range of much better more capable fun machines for less money.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
pja2536
Year: 2013
Color: BLACK

Post by pja2536 »

Declare1066 wrote:Went to local bike shop and am drawn to change my PCX to a Forza but not sure if this is worth it as same 125cc, could you give me your opinions
Be interested to hear view points

Thank you
In Australia we only have the Forza NSS300 model; so a 300 is, IMHO, much better than a 150! Easier to commute and tour.

But if you are planning to go up in size look at a Piaggio BV350! The NSS300 is only 280cc where as the BV is nearly 330cc and is a little narrower than the Forza - a really nice scooter.

Regards,
Peter
Peter Anderson & Co.

"HE HAD offices in Sydney, not so many years ago,
And his shingle bore the legend 'Peter Anderson and Co.',
But his real name was Careless, as the fellows understood-
And his relatives decided that he wasn't any good."

Henry Lawson, August, 1895
Declare1066
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by Declare1066 »

Thank you, yep hubby is also saying to go for full licence and then change, so going to listen to hubby also and put myself in for the full licence - scary stuff and exciting :)
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy
Year: 2015
Color: Bronze

Post by Sandymay »

I had full intentions of purchasing a PCX this Spring, until Honda put the Forza on sale....for only 1,300 more Canadian dollars, I got twice (nearly) the cc, ABS, faster bike, more storage, heavier therefore less stealable....and it's RED.....not dark blue, so more visible on the roads.....very happy with my choice, now to get my M2 so I can take delivery....
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Smart move..I went from a 150 PCX to 300 Forza.. No comparison. Much better bike , more stable, smoother , bigger.You might want to consider a bigger windshield however.
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy
Color: Bronze

Post by Sandymay »

I thought that too...ordered the Honda one, will be included when I take delivery. 8)
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: black

Post by Gil »

The Forza is more oriented for Highway riding. If that's part of your intended use then the Forza is the better choice. After riding the PCX for 2100 miles I can attest to the fact that a little more power of the highway would be nice. I'm riding on side roads more often because of the power deficiency of the PCX for Highway speed. I would classify the PCX for city riding or not so fast country roads. The PCX's cruising sweet spot is 55mph.

Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
CamboForza
Color: White

Post by CamboForza »

Hi Guys,

New here.

I had a Honda Dio 110 and it was great in the city but don't try the highway on it.
I ride the PCX150 a lot in Thailand but still it is not a highway scooter. Very comfortable to ride.
My Forza 300 is great around town, just as good as the little Dio but great on the highway.
In Australia the speed limit is 110 Km/h and it does it easy, but I did put on the tall windscreen.
Only thing is the rear suspension is a bit rough so I am going to adjust it to the softest setting to see if it is better.

OP. I would hate to think what a Forza 125 would be like power wise so maybe look at the 300 and ABS is a great thing as well.
If I had to choose between the Forza 125 and PCX125, I would probably go the PCX.
Honda Forza 300
YSS Front and Rear Upgrade
19 Gram Sliders
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

The Forza 300 is more versatile for more types of riding and roads.Can handle the highway and the city more comfortably than the PCX..I agree the sweet spot smoothest is around 55 -60 mph,but can do much more if the need arises.Heavier with a little bigger profile and yet light and nimble enough to move around easily.Good fit for most all riding conditions.