Forza Hand Guards

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Forza Hand Guards

Post by Mister Paul »

Has anyone managed to fit hand guards to their 300 Forza yet? I'm looking for something that will fit without having to remove the original handlebar inner that the weights bolt on to.

Looking at these at the moment but can't be sure about the mounting, and slightly concerned that removing the end weight will cause problems.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acerbis-Dual-St ... B0071ZKGH4

It would be great if there's someone on here who has successfully fitted hand guards.....
glencoeman
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Forza Hand Guards

Post by glencoeman »

I have fitted Barkbusters Storm hand guards to my Forza 300. You do not need to remove the handlebar inner - just change the weights and spacers that come in the kit (which has full instructions) and bolt into the existing inners. You need the S7 kit as the S1 kit will not fit as the handlebar switches get in the way. Very easy to fit and great weather protection, much better than the Acerbis ones you are showing. If you are from the UK, they are available from Dirtbikebitz for about £80.
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

glencoeman wrote:I have fitted Barkbusters Storm hand guards to my Forza 300. You do not need to remove the handlebar inner - just change the weights and spacers that come in the kit (which has full instructions) and bolt into the existing inners. You need the S7 kit as the S1 kit will not fit as the handlebar switches get in the way. Very easy to fit and great weather protection, much better than the Acerbis ones you are showing. If you are from the UK, they are available from Dirtbikebitz for about £80.
Have the same on the PCX, excellent.
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
Atis
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Atis »

I mounted these
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shi ... 04927.html
$37 and free shipping. They fit perfect bolted to the mirror stem.
Honda 2014 Forza 300 (ABS)
Honda 1995 Elite 80 (Sold)
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

glencoeman wrote:I have fitted Barkbusters Storm hand guards to my Forza 300. You do not need to remove the handlebar inner - just change the weights and spacers that come in the kit (which has full instructions) and bolt into the existing inners. You need the S7 kit as the S1 kit will not fit as the handlebar switches get in the way. Very easy to fit and great weather protection, much better than the Acerbis ones you are showing. If you are from the UK, they are available from Dirtbikebitz for about £80.
That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Thank you.

I don't suppose you have the taller Honda windscreen on yours? The next job is to find out whether they'd hit the screen and prevent the steering lock working.
glencoeman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by glencoeman »

I do actually have the Honda tall screen fitted and it does not interfere with the hand guards.
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

glencoeman wrote:I do actually have the Honda tall screen fitted and it does not interfere with the hand guards.
I think I love you.

Happy Christmas!
Mister_Fube
Regular User
Regular User
Color: white

Post by Mister_Fube »

I've installed those Acerbis hand guards of which you speak! The heated grips alone weren't cutting it, during my winter commute - I had scorched palms from the grips and frozen fingers and thumb. I'm glad to report that the grips have solved that problem nicely and they don't even look as bad on the scooter as I was expecting them to. All in all, they're quite discreet. I did have to take the bar-end weights off to fit them, but actually, since the Forza doesn't really put a lot of vibes through the bars, and the hand guards themselves weigh a little bit (albeit less than the bar-end weights) I think on balance, I can live without the weights. I had to put a few big washers as spacers on the throttle twist end to make sure the guards were clear of the grip and it could spring back to idle position, unhindered, but that's it.

With regards to fouling the windshield, I have the high Honda windshield and having now played around with the height of the guards for optimum windblast protection of my fingers, I do find that at full lock, they bump the screen - however, as the guards are all plastic/polycarbonate, there is a fair amount of flex in them. Because of this, and the fact that the only time I'm ever putting the bars at full lock is to turn the scooter around 180 degrees in my driveway (while not riding it), it really isn't a problem. It certainly won't be a safety issue when riding.
Attachments
I thought I'd go for matching white - it's not a great colour match, in fact. The white of the hand guards is cooler than that of the Forza.
I thought I'd go for matching white - it's not a great colour match, in fact. The white of the hand guards is cooler than that of the Forza.
IMG_4729_small.jpg (105.03 KiB) Viewed 5299 times
quite discreet, I thought.
quite discreet, I thought.
IMG_4730_small.jpg (96.69 KiB) Viewed 5299 times
the guards do bump the screen at full lock - but when do you actually acheive full lock while riding?
the guards do bump the screen at full lock - but when do you actually acheive full lock while riding?
IMG_4732_small.jpg (85.01 KiB) Viewed 5299 times
IMG_4733_small.jpg
IMG_4733_small.jpg (118.24 KiB) Viewed 5299 times

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nss300a_forza_abs/2014/mrfube/330690]Image
Mister_Fube
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister_Fube »

Mister_Fube wrote:I'm glad to report that the grips have solved that problem nicely and they don't even look as bad on the scooter as I was expecting them to.
I meant to say the guards have solved that problem nicely. OFC

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nss300a_forza_abs/2014/mrfube/330690]Image
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

Nice looking guards
One thing...a really Pernickety MOT guy in UK might fail the MOT if guard touches the screen on lock...ridiculous I know BUT!!!
Mister_Fube
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister_Fube »

dergav wrote:Nice looking guards
One thing...a really Pernickety MOT guy in UK might fail the MOT if guard touches the screen on lock...ridiculous I know BUT!!!
True... but because they are entirely polycarbonate/plastic and only affix to the handlebars at the very end, there really is quite a lot of flex in them. As I said, they bump against my screen a few millimetres before the bars achieve full lock, but they don't prevent me from achieving full lock with the bars at all. I used to have a Kawasaki W650 to which I fixed ace bars, in preference to the cow-horn OEM bars that came with. Those used to physically trap my thumbs against the tank at full lock, and it never came up in MOT, during the 4 years or so of ownership.

Genuinely, I wouldn't be advocating them if they hindered my riding. I think the worst that would happen with these brush guards on the Forza is that you might get an "advisory", but I don't think they would withhold the MOT. Bottom line is, they are fitted with a single allen-head bolt each side. It takes mere seconds to remove them for the MOT and put them on again, afterwards.

rulvio
Year: 2016
Color: Grey

Post by rulvio »

there is a specific handguard for our Forza 300 made by Isotta :

https://www.ebay.it/itm/PARAMANI-SPECIF ... rmvSB=true

I use them and they are really useful.

bye
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

http://www.instructables.com/id/Motorcy ... ersion-21/

I made these for my wife's PCX but they should work fine on any bike.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Like the Rossi sticker
Konrad
Year: 2014, Forza
Color: Grey

Post by Konrad »

Hi guys

Has any of you have any experience with these: Acerbis X-Tarmac on the Forza? I have 2015 with a Honda tall screen.
https://acerbisb2b.co.uk/index.php/0017 ... guard.html
Do you think they will fit?
X-Tarmac_4.jpg
X-Tarmac_4.jpg (78.76 KiB) Viewed 2745 times