Forza Coolant Change

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Cactus
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 Forza
Color: Red

Forza Coolant Change

Post by Cactus »

This summer I am going to change the Forza Anti-Freeze.
There is a drain plug on the water pump cover to drain the system and the overflow tank can be siphoned empty.
So, you remove the radiator cap and fill the system and the overflow tank.
So, should you keep the radiator cap off, run the engine, will the new Anti-Freeze be drawn into the system, then fill the system again and close the radiator cap.
Some cars do fine with just filling the radiator with anti-freeze and closing the cap, while other cars will draw down the anti-freeze when run, then fill the radiator again and close the cap.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Forza Coolant Change

Post by fish »

If you like, I can photo the 3 pages of photos and instructions from the official Honda service manual and post them here tomorrow. This way you can do it as instructed by folks who built your red scooter.
No problem....too cold to ride in Ohio.
Fish
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Just drain both radiator and coolant recovery tank.Refill both tanks using an antifreeze suitable for aluminum metals.Most name brands will be fine for this.Start engine and burp the system by loosening bolt .There is port in the plastic panel.Once burped check all tanks for proper levels.I believe 50/50 mix is adequate solution.
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Just drain both radiator and coolant recovery tank.Refill both tanks using an antifreeze suitable for aluminum metals.Most name brands will be fine for this.
Maybe all 'Name Brand' coolants are silicate-free and otherwise compatible nowdays, I'm not sure. But I do know that many Honda coolant pump seal failures have been the result of scoring/deterioration caused by incorrect automotive coolant. But maybe the new automotive mixes have resolved that.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Where is the burp bolt?
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

davenowherejones wrote:Where is the burp bolt?
Under luggage lid.. Look for small maintenance access cover .Start engine run it for a few (hot) then open bolt to burp any air. You may need to use a new sealing washer but I never did. Refill with any silicate phospate free anti freeze with any good brand like Prestone , Zerex,Peak compatible with aluminum engines doesnt have to be Honda but if you are psychologically motivated by HONDA hype then use HONDA brand ???.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

easyrider wrote:
davenowherejones wrote:Where is the burp bolt?
Under luggage lid.. Look for small maintenance access cover .Start engine run it for a few (hot) then open bolt to burp any air. You may need to use a new sealing washer but I never did. Refill with any silicate phospate free anti freeze with any good brand like Prestone , Zerex,Peak compatible with aluminum engines doesnt have to be Honda but if you are psychologically motivated by HONDA hype then use HONDA brand ???.

Top quality :lol: :lol:
Cactus
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 Forza
Color: Red

Post by Cactus »

Thanks for the input, guess I'll us the GM Dextron pink anti-freeze, mix with distilled water...
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Cactus wrote:Thanks for the input, guess I'll us the GM Dextron pink anti-freeze, mix with distilled water...
And a slice of lemon..hic
glencoeman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by glencoeman »

According to the Honda service manual, you should also remove the left lower skirt and disconnect the two hoses behind it to fully drain the system.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

glencoeman wrote:According to the Honda service manual, you should also remove the left lower skirt and disconnect the two hoses behind it to fully drain the system.
X2 Thats what I do..and very easy to do. GM anti freeze is equal or better than HONDA brand .Prestone "all makes and models" is best imho, but any good quality brand will do.
plivadon
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: White

Post by plivadon »

Off topic...does anyone know...the tube that is coming out on the bottom of recovery tank has broke...what size of the tube should i buy?
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by mymitzi »

Is there enough hose [if damaged on end] to cut the bad piece off and still have enough? If not, just take it [hose] to the auto parts/hardware store.
Should be able to fix you up with what you need.
plivadon
Year: 2014 Forza
Color: White

Post by plivadon »

no there isnt enough tube to make that repair. tnx i will do what you said