Headlights. replaced bulbs - stopped working

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

knick620
Year: 2013
Color: grey

Re: Headlights. replaced bulbs - stopped working

Post by knick620 »

Thanks for all the information. I will look at it all tonight tonight and let you all know how it goes. Hopefully it’s the fuse.
2013 Forza 300

BMW S1000XR
KTM 250 XC-f
Suzuki Van Van
knick620
Year: 2013
Color: grey

Post by knick620 »

Thanks for all of your support guys, excellent intro to the forum as a new forza owner and member.

Well it was the 10A fuse under the rh glove box. a couple of photos to clarify the issue for any other owners with the same problem.....

Now if any of you are able to advise on a workshop manual DL!!
Attachments
The offending article - 10A blown mini fuse
The offending article - 10A blown mini fuse
IMG_2222.jpg (6.72 KiB) Viewed 673 times
Close-up if the 2 fuse locations
Close-up if the 2 fuse locations
IMG_2220.jpg (8.07 KiB) Viewed 673 times
Looking in from above at the fuse holder
Looking in from above at the fuse holder
IMG_2219.jpg (10.61 KiB) Viewed 673 times
The top off the glovebox, remove the 2 top most screws
The top off the glovebox, remove the 2 top most screws
IMG_2218.jpg (40.74 KiB) Viewed 673 times
2013 Forza 300

BMW S1000XR
KTM 250 XC-f
Suzuki Van Van
aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Post by aguim »

knick620 wrote:Thanks for all of your support guys, excellent intro to the forum as a new forza owner and member.

Well it was the 10A fuse under the rh glove box. a couple of photos to clarify the issue for any other owners with the same problem.....

Now if any of you are able to advise on a workshop manual DL!!
Here is the wiring diagram (800x600, hoping it is showing good) :
Attachments
Diag Forza (2).jpg
Diag Forza (2).jpg (296.68 KiB) Viewed 644 times
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by MBMyer »

Just to be clear, both my paper-copy USA shop manual and the PDF of the UK owners manual I found online specify 35/35W bulbs. If the replacements you bought are 60/65W, things are going to burn out/up.
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring
ladyraven
Year: 2017
Color: Pearl Blue

Post by ladyraven »

Something is wrong with my High Beam. It does not go on when I start the bike, then after awhile it comes on, then it come and goes intermittently. I need my high beam I have to ride several miles at night in an area that does is not well lite.
Where can I get the replacement bulb? Do I have to replace the entire light or just the high beam, the rest of the lights work.

Suggestions where to buy the light? Around what should it cost me, is there any way I can do it myself or do you have to take too many pieces off? I am a senior female and not that mechanical.
Thank you.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

The Forza uses a really cheap halogen headlight bulb that should be available almost anywhere. I can replace my headlight bulbs by reaching up behind the headlights from just above the wheel. I don't think this is the official way but I have small hands and can do it. I end up looking through the lens to get the tabs into the right slots.

Not hard to do but hard to describe and a lot of dexterity is required. I am dyslexic so I just trial and error until I twist it in the right way. I am sure if I took a few things apart it might be easier but the plastics break every time I remove them.

I tried using brighter than 35/35 bulbs but they did not last very long. I have wire braid LED's in right now. They have lasted a long time but the light pattern is not 100% right. I want to add some additional lights attached to the forks but I seldom right at night so I am being lazy.

I have almost 100,000 km on the Forza so I will just leave it as is until something breaks.

You have not told us where you live and I doubt you have a Lordco nearby. I put a H4 60/55 bulb in but it did not last very long. My current bulbs BrightSourceLED headlight LED bulbs with wire braid heat sinks which have been in for 69,000 km.

All of this is useless if you live in the UK where I think you legally have to have 35/35W bulbs. In Canada the police have to catch me first.

I would have your local Honda shop do it for you or get a good friendly mechanic to do it. It is a real nuisance to do. Do not let some kid in a parts place sell you the wrong bulb. 35w/35w is what you need, they will try to sell you a bright bulb that cars use. It will burn out too quickly.

Or maybe the connector is loose on the back of the bulb. Again you can reach up from the bottom but it is very hard to tell if you are pressing on the right connector. And then how hard do you push or just wiggle it on? A good mechanic has the touch!