2016 Honda Forza 300 Starter Motor won't Start

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: 2016 Honda Forza 300 Starter Motor won't Start

Post by iceman »

TheMaverick wrote:For what it's worth - on the PCX - at some point I got into the habit of holding in the starter button and the starting the bike by pulling in the left brake. Not sure why, but it just seems easier to get the right tension on it.
On the PCX, the lhs brake level only needs to be pressed in a short distance. I believe it uses the same switch as the brake lights (ECU governed) to allow the bike to be started. Seems to be a different situation on the Forza.
glencoeman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by glencoeman »

davenowherejones wrote:
glencoeman wrote:When I bought my Forza new in 2014, it had those kind of problems. I had to really pull hard on the rear brake lever at first but it got a lot better quite quickly - seems that the rear brake switch is quite stiff when new. It works perfectly now.
I think it was the brake pads bedding in and not the switch. The rear disk probably wore down just a little also.
It was a new bike and good starting began after only 100 miles - nothing to do with the brakes!
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by MBMyer »

TheMaverick wrote:For what it's worth - on the PCX - at some point I got into the habit of holding in the starter button and the starting the bike by pulling in the left brake. Not sure why, but it just seems easier to get the right tension on it.
That’s funny. My habit on the Forza is to squeeze the brake lever, hold in the starter switch, and then apparently start the bike by kicking up the side stand. There’s something in my psyche that finds this satisfying, probably an echo of the days I had to use a kick starter.
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring
Cactus
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 Forza
Color: Red

Post by Cactus »

Good news, the Honda Forza started this afternoon, like was said, as the left rear brake lever is pulled, you will hear 2 clicks from the brake lever switch, the 1st click is the brake light and the 2nd click is the start Inhibitor. The Forza started right up, it has been sitting in my garage for a month, but that’s OK, take your time figuring out a problem.
Today was a cold day, maybe the brake lever required less pressure or something was hung up. Thanks for all the suggestions.
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Cactus wrote:Good news, the Honda Forza started this afternoon, like was said, as the left rear brake lever is pulled, you will hear 2 clicks from the brake lever switch, the 1st click is the brake light and the 2nd click is the start Inhibitor. The Forza started right up, it has been sitting in my garage for a month, but that’s OK, take your time figuring out a problem.
Today was a cold day, maybe the brake lever required less pressure or something was hung up. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Great news - thanks for the update. Glad you got it going.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Cactus wrote:Good news, the Honda Forza started this afternoon, like was said, as the left rear brake lever is pulled, you will hear 2 clicks from the brake lever switch, the 1st click is the brake light and the 2nd click is the start Inhibitor. The Forza started right up, it has been sitting in my garage for a month, but that’s OK, take your time figuring out a problem.

Quick squirt of WD40 or similar in there in case it was the pin that freed itself up?