Key problems

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Rmengel
Year: 2015
Color: Red Forza

Key problems

Post by Rmengel »

I bought my scooter with 1 key and I'm trying to get another. I have had people cut a blank but it doesn't want to work. The blank is a Curtis DC3, it goes in far enough but doesn't want to turn and the cut looks good. Are these keys chipped in any way ? I would like to get the right blank but nobody has them and don't know if they can order it. Any body use a different blank that worked ? Thanks Rick
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Key problems

Post by homie »

Thailand, Japan & the UK
Can't see where you are from, you might be an American :)

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=h ... y&_sacat=0

Beware of steel keys from Chi-NA. No locksmith will cut steel keys in the states because it ruins the machines. I would contact any seller first to be sure they are a brass alloy. There is no electronic chip in the key... yet :D

This might be helpful, maybe not. You could be living in Chi-NA and steel keys are fine. Good luck and WELCOME to the forum!
Rmengel

Post by Rmengel »

Thanks homie, I'm from Owosso Mi , by Lansing. My key has P964 on it. my pics are to big for post, have to resize them.
Rmengel

Post by Rmengel »

How do I edit my profile ?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

(User control panel) top left
(profile)
etc.

Resize images in the (paint program) in a windows format, Mac idk
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I had a key cut and I had to make modifications so that the key would go in further. I have a key that says HON 68BP SILCA Made in Italy that works.

My key has no shutter tool. I have a separate key with a shutter tool. The shutter tool key has 3 magnets to fit in 4 holes and also the polarity must be right for the code to be correct. Use an old key to find out YOUR code. Place a magnet on the old key. The north south will align and then you insert the magnet that way into the new key in the same corresponding hole.

Personally I never close the shutter. The keys are fragile. I don't trust them. BUT some asshole closed my shutter when I was in a parking lot. I had the tool key in a jacket pocket.

Honda Canada will not sell you a key blank. You are expected to buy the whole key assembly for about $200. I bought my shutter tool key off of eBay somewhere in China.

I had a key wear out and it gave me a lot of problems. I had a few spares cut. I keep an original in the house. Your Forza key ring should have as little as possible on it. I have a red tag (Honda red), the Forza non-tool key and a GIVI top case key. The GIVI key is impossible to get a copy made around here. I would like a few spares.
Rmengel

Post by Rmengel »

Dave I'm going to google that key
Rmengel

Post by Rmengel »

Problem Solved It's a Ilco key upper left corner is X265, upper right is HD109. It has more grooves but works great. Also it had to be cut back about 1/16 of an inch so it could go in deep enough. $2.65 at the hardware. Thanks for the help Rick