rear shocks leaking

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

rear shocks leaking

Post by davenowherejones »

my2014 Honda Forza 300 with 180,000 km (112,000 miles) has leaking rear shocks, they are about $400 Canadian to replace which is hard to do on my disability pension . I am about 200 pounds geared up. 1 am 64 and dyslexic. I am thinking about readjusting my rear shocks as a temporary means of improving my ride

Do I want to compress the spring more or less. what number on the adjuster?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: rear shocks leaking

Post by davenowherejones »

I messed around with the shocks today. The adjuster was on 4 (?) so I put it on 1. It made no difference.

The Forza is a cheap scooter with crappy suspension. It is not a 200 horsepower race bike.

I am 64 and ride slow. Not really worth $400 for me to make it a Little bit better. I am not dragging knees to go around corners.

I can fix a lot of the problems by looking where I am going. Go around the holes.

The shock oil went to the adjuster and collected a lot of dirt, the adjuster would not tun until I hit it with a hammer to get the dirt to drop out I was going to get the bigger hamer when the big channelocks turned it.

Ride the damn scooter until it breaks or I break, again. My leg blood clot hurts. The doctor gave me the option of cutting my leg off. Some days I would tell him to do it.