The Honda PCX / Honda Forza / SH Forums

Your predominant source of information for the Honda PCX 125, Honda PCX ESP, Honda PCX 150, and Forza. Now featuring a SH300i / SH150i subforum!
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: First boo boo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:10 pm 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:16 am
Posts: 126
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Year: 2016
Color: Pure Red
Must have been a stone chip. Any tips for fixing?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First boo boo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:19 pm 
Offline
Prestige
Prestige
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:49 pm
Posts: 5704
Location: Chicagoland
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White
I used the touch up paints before and it did very well but I don't see your color on ebay or amazon. The closest I find is this... https://www.amazon.com/TouchUpDirect-Ve ... JD15DRRHP8

For all you pearl white riders this one is close enough for a nick or small scratch.
https://www.amazon.com/TouchUpDirect-PC ... h-Up+Paint

When you paint don't worry it looks thick as it dries flush to the surface. Then if you feel the need to put the clear coat it comes with. I didn't bother with the clear for my little stone strike.

_________________
PCX Whisperers: maddiedog- dem0nk1d- waspmike- dasshreddar- GN- sendler2112- honkerman- DAB- BPT7594- Oyabun- silverantec- chicaboo- ThailandPCX- Dragon_uk- TrumpMAGA- k2apache6.0- pcx power-full- JaeMelo- markgj- Techno


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First boo boo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:03 pm 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:16 am
Posts: 126
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Year: 2016
Color: Pure Red
Thanks Homie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First boo boo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:11 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:06 pm
Posts: 816
Location: Hope, BC, Canada
Year: 2014
Color: Silver
Don't worry about it. It is a motorcycle. Chips prove that it is used.

Go ride it some more and have fun.

I laugh at the Harley guys who spend hours polishing their bikes. I ride mine.

Getting rear tire #5 tomorrow. Yahoo!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First boo boo
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:20 am 
Offline
New Member
New Member

Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 7:48 am
Posts: 41
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Year: 2016
Sandymay, how did that red match? Did you try it?

_________________
Markcap
2016 PCX--Dark Candy Red
2016 Forza--Pearl Red


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First boo boo
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:55 pm 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User

Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:29 am
Posts: 148
Location: Seguin, TX
Year: 2013
Color: Black
One thing I've found that works good for minor nicks and scratches is fingernail polish.
There are so many different colors, it is easy to find a very close match.
And, they are cheaper than "official" touch-up paints.
Use a fine artist paint brush and it comes out very nice.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First boo boo
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:33 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:23 pm
Posts: 819
Location: Long Island , NY, Tampa, Ft laud
Year: 2013
Color: blk
Boo boos are common and easy to come by, so might want to get an adequate paint supply that is correct for your year and model.First resource would be your dealership but you can also contact these companies by phone or email and perhaps they can get some made for you as well . The paint code is most likely in the luggage or storage area under the seat on a sticker. I think its pearl red ??


https://touchupdirect.com/shop/touch-up ... red-r-259/

http://www.colorrite.com/product/honda- ... l-1359.cfm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First boo boo
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:01 pm 
Offline
What's a wot?
What's a wot?
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 8007
Location: Staggering back to the centre of the universe
dgnyberg wrote:
One thing I've found that works good for minor nicks and scratches is fingernail polish.
There are so many different colors, it is easy to find a very close match.
And, they are cheaper than "official" touch-up paints.
Use a fine artist paint brush and it comes out very nice.



Toothpick is good for small simple chips.

_________________
Going through a "period of clarity"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First boo boo
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:05 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:30 pm
Posts: 1021
Location: Fort lauderdale
Year: 2015 PCX
Color: White
Yup toothpick or artists brush, filling in the chip until it has a slight dome

Wait 30 days......this is critical

Hand rub with a polish, Meguires ultimate compound a good one

When it's flat, rewax or seal, done.....

_________________
Glen in Fort Lauderdale
My build thread here:
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
‘15 PCX
‘16 CTX 700 DCT/ABS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First boo boo
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:34 pm 
Offline
What's a wot?
What's a wot?
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 8007
Location: Staggering back to the centre of the universe
Jge64 wrote:
Yup toothpick or artists brush, filling in the chip until it has a slight dome

Wait 30 days......this is critical

Hand rub with a polish, Meguires ultimate compound a good one

When it's flat, rewax or seal, done.....


I flat mine within a couple of days. Easier whilst the paint is soft?

_________________
Going through a "period of clarity"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First boo boo
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:37 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:30 pm
Posts: 1021
Location: Fort lauderdale
Year: 2015 PCX
Color: White
30 days , and spot will polish out better.

Another great trick is cut a mini spot of 220 grit paper the exact size of a new eraser on the end of a pencil, spot glue it on. Then after 30 days, use it in a circular fashion or in a drill and then you sand only the spot.

_________________
Glen in Fort Lauderdale
My build thread here:
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
‘15 PCX
‘16 CTX 700 DCT/ABS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First boo boo
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:12 pm 
Offline
What's a wot?
What's a wot?
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 8007
Location: Staggering back to the centre of the universe
Jge64 wrote:
30 days , and spot will polish out better.

Another great trick is cut a mini spot of 220 grit paper the exact size of a new eraser on the end of a pencil, spot glue it on. Then after 30 days, use it in a circular fashion or in a drill and then you sand only the spot.


Ah. I don't sand, just use the cutting compound to flatten.

_________________
Going through a "period of clarity"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First boo boo
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:14 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:30 pm
Posts: 1021
Location: Fort lauderdale
Year: 2015 PCX
Color: White
Cutting stuff also gets more gloss after 30....

_________________
Glen in Fort Lauderdale
My build thread here:
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
‘15 PCX
‘16 CTX 700 DCT/ABS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First boo boo
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:01 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:06 pm
Posts: 816
Location: Hope, BC, Canada
Year: 2014
Color: Silver
I am passing though Abbotsford bc. The sometimes murder capital of Canada. There is a bloody t-shirt behind my Forza. I am going to get some bullet hole stickers to cover my booboo's. I have been in the middle of a shoot out in this town. I moved.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First boo boo
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:43 am 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:16 am
Posts: 126
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Year: 2016
Color: Pure Red
dgnyberg wrote:
One thing I've found that works good for minor nicks and scratches is fingernail polish.
There are so many different colors, it is easy to find a very close match.
And, they are cheaper than "official" touch-up paints.
Use a fine artist paint brush and it comes out very nice.

Awesome idea!!! Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First boo boo
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:45 am 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:16 am
Posts: 126
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Year: 2016
Color: Pure Red
easyrider wrote:
Boo boos are common and easy to come by, so might want to get an adequate paint supply that is correct for your year and model.First resource would be your dealership but you can also contact these companies by phone or email and perhaps they can get some made for you as well . The paint code is most likely in the luggage or storage area under the seat on a sticker. I think its pearl red ??


https://touchupdirect.com/shop/touch-up ... red-r-259/

http://www.colorrite.com/product/honda- ... l-1359.cfm

Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First boo boo
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:48 am 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:16 am
Posts: 126
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Year: 2016
Color: Pure Red
Jge64 wrote:
Yup toothpick or artists brush, filling in the chip until it has a slight dome

Wait 30 days......this is critical

Hand rub with a polish, Meguires ultimate compound a good one

When it's flat, rewax or seal, done.....

Thanks...I appreciate the tips. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First boo boo
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:50 am 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:16 am
Posts: 126
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Year: 2016
Color: Pure Red
davenowherejones wrote:
I am passing though Abbotsford bc. The sometimes murder capital of Canada. There is a bloody t-shirt behind my Forza. I am going to get some bullet hole stickers to cover my booboo's. I have been in the middle of a shoot out in this town. I moved.

I did think about decals to cover up any boo boos.....bullet holes would certainly lend a tough feel to my scooter.....lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First boo boo
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:03 am 
Offline
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:03 pm
Posts: 252
Location: Galveston, Texas
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder
Jge64 wrote:
30 days , and spot will polish out better.

Another great trick is cut a mini spot of 220 grit paper the exact size of a new eraser on the end of a pencil, spot glue it on. Then after 30 days, use it in a circular fashion or in a drill and then you sand only the spot.


Ooooo neat trick Jge. Good one. Thanks.

Johnny

_________________
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: First boo boo
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:59 pm 
Offline
New Member
New Member

Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:46 pm
Posts: 13
Year: 2017
Color: Blue
Sandymay wrote:
easyrider wrote:
Boo boos are common and easy to come by, so might want to get an adequate paint supply that is correct for your year and model.First resource would be your dealership but you can also contact these companies by phone or email and perhaps they can get some made for you as well . The paint code is most likely in the luggage or storage area under the seat on a sticker. I think its pearl red ??


https://touchupdirect.com/shop/touch-up ... red-r-259/

http://www.colorrite.com/product/honda- ... l-1359.cfm

Thanks!


Hi, I was at the dealer and they do not have touch up paint , however, they told me to go to colorline.com. I don't think that is going to work after looking at the site.

I have the Honda PCX 150 2017 Dark Pearl Blue. Any suggestions where I can buy that? Thank you! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Like what you see here? Buy the admin a beer! Donate at the link below:

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!