Honda forza rear suspension

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Russpuss
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Honda forza rear suspension

Post by Russpuss »

Can anyone tell me if they've changed their rear suspension to YSS and do they make a difference?
Also, are YSS adjustable if so. What setting would you recommend?
Atabone
Year: 2016
Color: Forza 300silver

Re: Honda forza rear suspension

Post by Atabone »

I have installed the YSS suspension, and i can say i have felt a big difference between them and the stock ones.
Issue i had with the stock ones, is that i am a large guy, and to stop the scooter bottoming out on bumps i would have to crank the preload to the max, which meant i had a very harsh ride.

The YSS have much better damping in my opinion, so the preload need not be so high, as todate i have not bottomed out, and it has a much better ride

They are adjustable as far as preloads go, but not damping. They used a threaded shock body, and collar, so in theory you have unlimited settings I left mine to the factory settings, and am perfectly happy with them

below is a link to my thread

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6800
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Re: Honda forza rear suspension

Post by montliz44 »

I installed the YSS rear shocks and felt an improvement right away. Then I installed the Bikerzbits lowering brackets and noticed an even bigger improvement in the ride. It seems like they maybe change the geometry a little back there. Anyway the ride seems noticeably smoother now IMO. Definite upgrade to the suspension.

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!