Forza rear suspension

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Russpuss
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Forza rear suspension

Post by Russpuss »

Can anyone give a little advice regarding the settings on the forza rear suspension. If changed, to what? And did it help any lol?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Forza rear suspension

Post by you you »

Russpuss wrote:Can anyone give a little advice regarding the settings on the forza rear suspension. If changed, to what? And did it help any lol?

Why not try it for yourself?
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by MBMyer »

I gave up on the stock shocks and replaced them with Malossi rear shocks.

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6183
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring
SteveP
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by SteveP »

MBMyer wrote:I gave up on the stock shocks and replaced them with Malossi rear shocks.

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6183
Thanks for posting photos of the Malossi shocks installed on your Forza in the above link. My only complaint with the Forza (2014, 12000 miles) has been the ride...to hard. But where your complaint was bottoming with the stock shocks, I don't think that has been my problem, as my riding weight is around 140 pounds. The springs just seem to stiff and in comparing the Malossis installed with my stock shocks, the Malossi's may be a bit stiffer. The springs in both appear to have 21 coils but the Malossi's have a greater percentage of their coils "close together" then do the stock shocks. As these "close together" coils touch they "bind" and no longer function as springs and the spring becomes stiffer overall (the viable rate feature). The spring wire diameter of the stock shocks is .258". If the Malossi wire diameter is the same, their shock is probably stiffer overall then the stock shock and not what I want. Do you have a way to measure the wire diameter of the Malossi shocks. Thanks for any help you can give!
waybar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waybar »

I installed the Malossi shocks on my scooter also. While its still not a smooth ride on bumpy roads, I've found it is a lot less jarring on the body than with the stock shocks. There were some roads around here I gave up riding on with the stock shocks, but with the Malossi's I can ride on them again without it beating up my body too much.
Ole
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ole »

SteveP wrote: Do you have a way to measure the wire diameter of the Malossi shocks. Thanks for any help you can give!
I just measured mine with an old Ohaus slide caliper
.250 inch
SteveP
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by SteveP »

Ole wrote:
SteveP wrote: Do you have a way to measure the wire diameter of the Malossi shocks. Thanks for any help you can give!
I just measured mine with an old Ohaus slide caliper
.250 inch
Thanks! Apparently they have the same effective wire diameter. Have you found an improvement in ride with the Malossi's? Did you feel the original shocks were bottoming out on shapr bumps, or did it feel like they were just to stiff for your riding weight? Mine don't feel like they hardly give at all. I also have a 1885 Honda Elite 250 and it rides a lot more comfortably, despite it's much shorter wheelbase.