Hazards lights flashing on Startup

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Eastport
Year: 2016
Color: White

Hazards lights flashing on Startup

Post by Eastport »

Hi

Bought my Forza NSS300 A as a Christmas present for myself so I have only had it a month.

Occasionally, on getting on the bike and starting it up my hazard lights are flashing even though I have not turned them on nor touched the switch.

The bike starts OK and if I hit the Hazard light switch it turns off and away I go, yet I figure I am doing something wrong in my start up procedure or the bike is trying to tell me something.

And it does not do it all the time, say one in ten starts.

Any ideas ?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Hazards lights flashing on Startup

Post by gn2 »

The switch is being activated, either by yourself accidentally or by someone else.
If the scooter ignition is switched off and the hazard switch is pressed, when the ignition is switched back on, the hazards will be on.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Post by aguim »

I have the same problem with the left combo switch : about 10% of the time, I accidentally
push the horn button when hastily searching for the blinkers' one. Very disconcerting, and
makes me look like a jerk, time and time again. Seems like I'll NEVER be able to adjust, after
years of different ergonomics...
Eastport

Post by Eastport »

Hmmm, yeah not convinced but hey I will be ultra conscious of that switch and see what happens.

i guess I could be catching it with my glove when getting off the bike ?? It cAnnot be anyone else as it has happened when garaged and only I have access there.

Hmmm, still not convinced but I have nothing better to go with.

Cheers
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

So, to stop it you are actually switching it's position back to off and not just 'tapping' it a little or going to on and off again? That would suggest it's being moved somehow rather than something a little dodgy or playing up.
aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Post by aguim »

Another possibility : the combo switch itself is defective. If Hazards go on the moment
you're pushing the start button, something is wrong with that switch. I'd split it open and have a
look at that push button's operation (or let the dealer do it --grrr).
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Eastport wrote:the bike is trying to tell me something
OH the 4Z humor never ends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2QtBYR7NJs
Attachments
mac.jpg
mac.jpg (6.61 KiB) Viewed 2923 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Eastport wrote:Hi

Bought my Forza NSS300 A as a Christmas present for myself so I have only had it a month.

Occasionally, on getting on the bike and starting it up my hazard lights are flashing even though I have not turned them on nor touched the switch.

The bike starts OK and if I hit the Hazard light switch it turns off and away I go, yet I figure I am doing something wrong in my start up procedure or the bike is trying to tell me something.

And it does not do it all the time, say one in ten starts.

Any ideas ?

Have you had it from new? It could be a replacement flasher unit that's specifically designed to do that.
Eastport

Post by Eastport »

Have you had it from new? It could be a replacement flasher unit that's specifically designed to do that.

Yes, new purchased in December.

And it only does it periodically.

I had a good look getting on the bike this morning, it only takes the slightest of bumps to activate the switch so I am getting convinced that I must be touching it with my part of my glove occasionally when dismounting.

Who knew right - user error !
Eastport

Post by Eastport »

iceman wrote:So, to stop it you are actually switching it's position back to off and not just 'tapping' it a little or going to on and off again? That would suggest it's being moved somehow rather than something a little dodgy or playing up.
Yep, I had a good look getting on the bike this morning.

Found it only takes a relative minor touch on the angled part of the switch to activate, to deactivate I have been hitting the thicker portion of the switch which does seem to take a bit of effort in comparison.

So I am now thinking it must be me when I get off the bike.