Universal License Plate Holder !

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Sandokan
Year: 2015
Color: White

Universal License Plate Holder !

Post by Sandokan »

I am the owner of the Honda Forza NSS 300 and if anybody can help me about this,I will appreciate it very much.

On my Forza didnt do much of a tuning things,only what I want it bad and get it,is Akrapovic muffler.For me,Forza is
a way too much quiet and I am the person who want that to be a bit louder,so I am really impressed with sound now.
The next thing what I start to think lately is to put Rizoma Universal License Plate Holder,instead of this what is originally
on the Forza because it gives him a much better look,according to me...!
Rizoma Universal License Plate Holder
Rizoma Universal License Plate Holder
WEB_S0PT0061B0000013XXX.jpg_1_3_1.jpeg (202.88 KiB) Viewed 6242 times
I was looking everywhere on the internet about the oders manufacturer but because of that I am from the Europe and want it
something with EU approved that I dont have a problems in the future,this is the only model which satisfied the needs.

My question will be this: if I want to mount this Rizoma holder instead of original one,do I need to cut that plastic original part
of mudguard or is there a way to take it off normally,like when you are taking the fairings off ???

I saw a lots of Forza's photos on Thailand forums and many of them do it too but I couldnt see the process of mounting this piece
and taking out the original one,so if there is anybody here who was doing it or know how to do it to help me with this,that will
make this problem to disappear...!!!

Thanks in advance & best regards !!!
kar120c
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 Forza 300

Re: Universal License Plate Holder !

Post by kar120c »

Hi! I am interested in this mod too! hard to find tuning tutorial for the Forza on English forum. I am from Italy and I am member of a local forum devoted to the Forza and someone made this mod, He used another license holder but he said that the mudguard may be removed.
A curiosity: you have mounted an Akrapovic exhaust, right?. You made this without tuning the CVT? Do you ha less performances on low rpm? I wish to but the Arrow Reflex 2.0 but everyone tell me that adding an aftermarket exhaust causes a loss of power on low rpm
Sandokan

Post by Sandokan »

kar120c wrote:Hi! I am interested in this mod too! hard to find tuning tutorial for the Forza on English forum. I am from Italy and I am member of a local forum devoted to the Forza and someone made this mod, He used another license holder but he said that the mudguard may be removed.
A curiosity: you have mounted an Akrapovic exhaust, right?. You made this without tuning the CVT? Do you ha less performances on low rpm? I wish to but the Arrow Reflex 2.0 but everyone tell me that adding an aftermarket exhaust causes a loss of power on low rpm
Thanks for the reply !

Okay,I will go from start...!

Yes,you are right about this modification on Forza,what is impossible to find it anywhere.Personally,I would like to put this Rizoma instead of original mostly because of look.
I saw lots of photos in Thailand,where they put all kinds of different plate holders and it looks much better,if you asked me.Also,I saw very similar or maybe original Rizoma
on their Forza's but cannot find it the procedure for it.Anyway,today I go to my local Honda service and talk with the guy there...he said that he must see how is that mud guard
can be taken normally or must cut it to remove it,so I hope on monday I will find out for this.

About Akrapovic muffler...to be honest,I really cannot say did I loose some power on lower rpm's or not because when I buy Forza,in February,I buy it directly with the Akrapovic,
so I am riding with him from the start and cannot give you precise answer.I want it only because of sound because Forza is too quiet for my ears and I am so happy with it,it is
great sound without silencer and make some attention.

And one more thing...also,I start thinking to put vario on Forza and now I am in process of exploring that...which vario (Malossi,Polini,Dr.Pulley,J.Costa...),how much weight of rollers,sliders,should be mixed or not,what price,how much and what I can get with it...lots of questions !!! Intense is that I get on the acceleration from 0-100 kn/h and top speed
to stay the same,or even better I dont mind....!
Sandokan

Post by Sandokan »

Sandokan wrote:
kar120c wrote:Hi! I am interested in this mod too! hard to find tuning tutorial for the Forza on English forum. I am from Italy and I am member of a local forum devoted to the Forza and someone made this mod, He used another license holder but he said that the mudguard may be removed.
Thanks for the reply !

Okay,I will go from start...!

Yes,you are right about this modification on Forza,what is impossible to find it anywhere.Personally,I would like to put this Rizoma instead of original mostly because of look.
I saw lots of photos in Thailand,where they put all kinds of different plate holders and it looks much better,if you asked me.Also,I saw very similar or maybe original Rizoma
on their Forza's but cannot find it the procedure for it.Anyway,today I go to my local Honda service and talk with the guy there...he said that he must see how is that mud guard
can be taken normally or must cut it to remove it,so I hope on monday I will find out for this.

About Akrapovic muffler...to be honest,I really cannot say did I loose some power on lower rpm's or not because when I buy Forza,in February,I buy it directly with the Akrapovic,
so I am riding with him from the start and cannot give you precise answer.I want it only because of sound because Forza is too quiet for my ears and I am so happy with it,it is
great sound without silencer and make some attention.

And one more thing...also,I start thinking to put vario on Forza and now I am in process of exploring that...which vario (Malossi,Polini,Dr.Pulley,J.Costa...),how much weight of rollers,sliders,should be mixed or not,what price,how much and what I can get with it...lots of questions !!! Intense is that I get on the acceleration from 0-100 kn/h and top speed
to stay the same,or even better I dont mind....!
P.S. I forgot to say,when service guy was installing Akrapovic on Forza,I remember that I asked is some modification need
to be done for mounting...he said that nothing else need to be done,so he just take off the original muffler can,put the Akrapovic...thats it !!!
Sandokan

Post by Sandokan »

Nice to meet you,neighbour...I am from Croatia !

You said that someone from Italian Forza forum put another license plate holder...is there a way,that you can ask that person for a photo of that or if you can point me where I can look at ?

I am really intersted how he do that...!
kar120c
Regular User
Regular User

Post by kar120c »

Sandokan wrote:

You said that someone from Italian Forza forum put another license plate holder...is there a way,that you can ask that person for a photo of that or if you can point me where I can look at ?

Take a look here http://hondaforza.forumcommunity.net/m/?t=58453536
Sandokan

Post by Sandokan »

kar120c wrote:
Sandokan wrote:

Take a look here http://hondaforza.forumcommunity.net/m/?t=58453536
Thank you for your answer...hmmm,yes,this is something what I would like to do it too.Because I dont know Italian language,I use Google translator and read that he put the original plate holder
from Hornet 600 '11 OEM + Rizoma light,what makes me think to go and search for that combination now.What he do with the blinker lights is also an amazing job,what got in my eye.He used some tapes over them,right ?

How I can see,we both have a white forza's and both are interested in the tuning of the scooter...for me now,only Akrapovic is on,next is a lisence plate holder,than some variomatic for sure.

Also,I am interested to put some floor plates and a mirrors in a close future and I read it that you already installed those parts on your Forza...would it be a big deal,that you tell me few words about it (price,where to order...) and put some photos too,if not a big deal ?...I will appreciate it very much !!!
kar120c
Regular User
Regular User

Post by kar120c »

Ok,
about the Hornet License holder used by the guy, he wrote that it has been very difficult to install so I think the universal one should fit better.
I have these floor plates https://bikerzbits.com/honda-forza-300- ... ssory.html very shiny steel but not bad. Beware is you order the sent me the wrong screw (too large).
About mirrors the best and the more expensive are the Rizoma, I have these http://www.ebay.it/itm/SPECCHIETTI-FAR- ... 1009698901 but I don't like them too much so I am searching for a new pair.
Rember the measures 10x1.25 and one has left thread and the other right thread
Sandokan

Post by Sandokan »

kar120c wrote:Ok,
about the Hornet License holder used by the guy, he wrote that it has been very difficult to install so I think the universal one should fit better.
I have these floor plates https://bikerzbits.com/honda-forza-300- ... ssory.html very shiny steel but not bad. Beware is you order the sent me the wrong screw (too large).
About mirrors the best and the more expensive are the Rizoma, I have these http://www.ebay.it/itm/SPECCHIETTI-FAR- ... 1009698901 but I don't like them too much so I am searching for a new pair.
Okay,thanks for the info about lisence plate holder ! I am still thinking about the universal one but still searchin what would be the best for price and about the look.
Today I visit Honda service guy again and he told me that mudguard must be cut (???) and the reason is stop light,that another plate holder can be fitted on...!
Now I am confused about it but still thinking to do it because original mudguard looks so ugly on it and any other solution will be better for sure.
About yours Rizoma mirrors...they look great for sure,so what is the reason you dont like...small mirrors or something else ?
Also,thanks for the info about the threads for mirrors...good to know !
About the floor plates...I saw this photo on internet already and would like to ask you,do you have any photo of them on your Forza ?
I would like to see how its looking in the real world...!
kar120c
Regular User
Regular User

Post by kar120c »

Sandokan wrote:
kar120c wrote:Ok,
Okay,thanks for the info about lisence plate holder ! I am still thinking about the universal one but still searchin what would be the best for price and about the look.
Today I visit Honda service guy again and he told me that mudguard must be cut (???) and the reason is stop light,that another plate holder can be fitted on...!
Now I am confused about it but still thinking to do it because original mudguard looks so ugly on it and any other solution will be better for sure.
About yours Rizoma mirrors...they look great for sure,so what is the reason you dont like...small mirrors or something else ?
Also,thanks for the info about the threads for mirrors...good to know !
About the floor plates...I saw this photo on internet already and would like to ask you,do you have any photo of them on your Forza ?
I would like to see how its looking in the real world...!
if the Honda guy told you that must be cut he has wrong, many pics in internet shows tuned Forza with the mudguard fully removed. Anyhow the plastic mudguard is a cheap part to replace (30/40€ I think). My mirrors are not Rizoma but Far I don't like them because they have not a good finition and the shape is not the better for the Forza (my opinion).
About the pics of my Forza with the plates stay tuned, as soon as possible I'll post them
kar120c
Regular User
Regular User

Post by kar120c »

this is the spare rear mudguard and its cost http://www.asian-motoparts.com/en/other ... a-300.html
Sandokan

Post by Sandokan »

First of all,thanks for posting the photos in the future time...I really wanna see it how it looks and order for myself too,if they look good.
There is another type of those which they sell but those one's are more than half expensive than this one,what is way too much,so I will wait and see...!

You are right about the mudguard...everywhere I see tuned Forza photos,mudguard is completely removed and thats why I was confused when he said that.
But now,when you mention to me,how much OEM mudguard cost,I dont care if he do like that...anyway,I will be there when he do that,to see how that looks.

Anyway,today I decide to order Rizoma universal plate holder (from the photo above),from Italy and cost is 139 euros.There was some other solutions too,like
Barracuda (what is also E-approved),which is cheaper than Rizoma but I just didnt like the look and other products,which are not E-approved,I just passed it by !

So,like I said,I will wait for your photos of the floor plates and if they are okay,order them right away.

Also,like you,I am in the search for a right pair of mirrors but until now,I still didnt find a right ones.

And,until the end of this year,my plan is to paint the rims in the golden colour and buy a variator.

What makes me interesting also,is to make a forward turn signals into the clear white colour and I really dont know how that guy from the Italian Forza forum did it,
so do you have any informations about that,to share it with me ?
kar120c
Regular User
Regular User

Post by kar120c »

Image url immagine
Image image hosting

Waiting more explicit pic I post these two: as you can see the shine of the floor plates reflect the black plastic.
Maybe Bikerbits looks better but i don't like the side bumper and I don't know if it is removable
Sandokan

Post by Sandokan »

kar120c wrote:Image url immagine
Image image hosting

Waiting more explicit pic I post these two: as you can see the shine of the floor plates reflect the black plastic.
Maybe Bikerbits looks better but i don't like the side bumper and I don't know if it is removable
Thanks for the photos but still need a better,closer look on the footplates,from above,if you can do it.
Anyway,I order the same ones and compare to other ones from BikerzBits,they look fine enough for me.
kar120c
Regular User
Regular User

Post by kar120c »

Sorry for the delay, this another pics of the mounted plates? have you tuned your Forza? you should post pics
Image upload immagini
Sandokan

Post by Sandokan »

kar120c wrote:Sorry for the delay, this another pics of the mounted plates? have you tuned your Forza? you should post pics
Image upload immagini
Thanks for your photo !
So¸about me,things going like this : almost 2 months,I am away from home because of my job and I will come back at the end of august,so there was nothing I can do about tuning the Forza...but,in all this time,I've been looking and ordering on the internet the things what I would like to have,so until now,I am done with that and from september,I will start with the tuning.

Here is the list of thing what I need to do and what I ordered :
- painting the wheels,some plastic parts and fairings
- mounting the universal license plate holder
- YSS shock absorbers with lowdown brackets (order from Bikerzbits)
- Rear footrests (order from Bikerzbits)
- Foot Plate with Extra Protection (order from Bikerzbits) (they didnt have like your model type,so I go with another type)
- Engine cover guard set with bolts (order from Bikerzbits)
- Rotating bar clamps,Front Brake Fluid Tank Caps,Chromed oil dipstick (order from Bikerzbits)
- Ermax sport windshield (Ermax website)
- J Costa variator,Rizoma handlebar handgrips with bar end plugs,DNA sport air filter,Kiwavi mirrors,Philips 4000K Xenon bulbs
(all this is ordered from eBay)

That's it...there was a plan also to ordered some parts from H2C,like chromed fuel cap cover,cromed front fork covers and chromed engine cover and air filter cover but I couldnt find it anywhere and I find out the factory stop production of these parts.

Also,one more thing I wanna do is to make clear front turning signals,like your friend from another forum did.

All I can say now is,that I cant wait to come home and start with the tuning...so,now is the question,how much time will take the painting job and mounting the universal license holder with YSS shock absorbers in a Honda service,so that I can continue to do all other things by myself and when all is done,I wiil post the photos as soon as possible !!!
kar120c
Regular User
Regular User

Post by kar120c »

Sandokan wrote:
kar120c wrote:Sorry for the delay, this another pics of the mounted plates? have you tuned your Forza? you should post pics
Image upload immagini
Thanks for your photo !
So¸about me,things going like this : almost 2 months,I am away from home because of my job and I will come back at the end of august,so there was nothing I can do about tuning the Forza...but,in all this time,I've been looking and ordering on the internet the things what I would like to have,so until now,I am done with that and from september,I will start with the tuning.

- Foot Plate with Extra Protection (order from Bikerzbits) (they didnt have like your model type,so I go with another type)
- Rotating bar clamps,Front Brake Fluid Tank Caps,Chromed oil dipstick (order from Bikerzbits)
- J Costa variator,Rizoma handlebar handgrips with bar end plugs,DNA sport air filter,Kiwavi mirrors,Philips 4000K Xenon bulbs

That's it...there was a plan also to ordered some parts from H2C,like chromed fuel cap cover,cromed front fork covers and chromed engine cover and air filter cover but I couldnt find it anywhere and I find out the factory stop production of these parts.

Also,one more thing I wanna do is to make clear front turning signals,like your friend from another forum did.

All I can say now is,that I cant wait to come home and start with the tuning...so,now is the question,how much time will take the painting job and mounting the universal license holder with YSS shock absorbers in a Honda service,so that I can continue to do all other things by myself and when all is done,I wiil post the photos as soon as possible !!!

Lot of tuning on the way!!! as soon as possible post your work in progress.
May you tell me what Rizoma handgrips have you bought?
Sandokan

Post by Sandokan »

kar120c wrote:
Sandokan wrote:
Image upload immagini
Thanks for your photo !

Lot of tuning on the way!!! as soon as possible post your work in progress.
May you tell me what Rizoma handgrips have you bought?
Actually,its not original Rizoma,its a copy...can be found on eBay.Originals are way to expensive formy taste.
As soon some tuning job be finished,I will post the photos.
Sandokan

Post by Sandokan »

Salute to kar120c !

Okay,the things goes like this:for almost 2 weeks,my Forza was at the Honda service,instead of 1 week,like they told me and because of so many jobs they have,they couldnt finished earlier.
Anyway,the most of things are done and I am very satisfied how they do the job.Now,its time for me,to do the rest of the jobs on Forza,what I can do by myself,so probably next week all things
supposed to be completed.As soon all the job is done,with the first opportumity I will take the photos of the new tuned Forza !!!

Stay tuned !!!
kar120c
Regular User
Regular User

Post by kar120c »

Awaiting for pics