HI FROM CYPRUS

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

eidikos
Year: 2015
Color: white

HI FROM CYPRUS

Post by eidikos »

Hi guys,
i have as of April a used 14' model with 8500km. I am absolutely satisfied with the bike.
I have a little problem that you guys might know more about.
while decelerating at 60 km/h if i lift my arms from the handlebars i have a medium wobble that disappears below 50km/h.
Yesterday when i took a ride with my wife i checked for the wobble and it was gone.
So having a 50kg passenger seems to cure the problem!
I thought it was supposed to be the other way around?
I have the original 2013 made front tyre and it is half worn. The rear is changed to the same brand as the original but is a 2015 production tyre.
Any ideas guys?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: HI FROM CYPRUS

Post by davenowherejones »

I tightened up the four fork mounting bolts to make my front end more stable. They were at specified torque but the factory torque setting seemed way too loose.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Maybe you can extract some possible solutions from the comments on this video. I don't have time today to go through them all but Harley riders have experienced the death wobble in the past. My first thought was tire pressure because look how low this guys rear tire is. Then from there one might check cargo, saddle bags and other accessories added and remove them testing, testing, testing. If it persists call Honda because its dangerous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmw6QppXnEY
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

eidikos wrote:Hi guys,
i have as of April a used 14' model with 8500km. I am absolutely satisfied with the bike.
I have a little problem that you guys might know more about.
while decelerating at 60 km/h if i lift my arms from the handlebars i have a medium wobble that disappears below 50km/h.
Yesterday when i took a ride with my wife i checked for the wobble and it was gone.
So having a 50kg passenger seems to cure the problem!
I thought it was supposed to be the other way around?
I have the original 2013 made front tyre and it is half worn. The rear is changed to the same brand as the original but is a 2015 production tyre.
Any ideas guys?

Check your tyre pressures first.
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

The worn front tire isn't helping, either, especially if it's cupped or has uneven wear. Good tires and correct tire pressure make a big difference with wobbles.

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I replaced my worn out ScootSmart with a Michelin CityGrip which gave me a better more stable front end.
eidikos
Year: 2015
Color: white

Post by eidikos »

Guys thank you all for your time and info.
i think i am going to replace my front tire as most of you suggested.
i installed a universal throttle on the left side of the handlebar due to a disability i have but i doubt if this weight unbalance causes this wobble.
i see a lot of bikes with handlebar installed accessories like phone holders, cup holders, cameras etc.

Also DioTiAma i cannot reply to your pm. την αντλια την αλλαξα οταν την αγορασα. ο προηγουμενος ιδιοκτητης πρεπει να μην ειχε ιδεα, αν και αυτο ειναι περιεργο επειδη η μοτοσυκλετα γινοταν service στην DEMSTAR.

What tyres do you suggest?
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

I wouldn't worry about that left-side throttle business; that's nothing. It would take a lot of weight to affect the balance or wobble. Look for good results from that new tire.

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!