Diagnostic Interface... where?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Diagnostic Interface... where?

Post by homie »

Does PCX have an interface for diagnostics? If it does it's not mentioned in the service manual. It would sure makes things more interesting if there was.

Eric Buell gave owners access to everything and saved us a butt load of headaches and service expenses when he just hung a dongle from the ECM. Plug it into any computer, install a simple program and off you go (after you back up the original programming). Helps you tune your bike to aftermarket performance parts like exhaust and run full diagnostic on all systems throughout by multiple sensors both inside the engine and out. There's even a mini jumper under the passenger seat I keep that when plugged into the interface uses the engine light to flash codes if any failure on the road so you don't mess around wondering.

Honda probably would never give us this kind of control on anything or does anyone know if they do? Certainly if I wanted an interceptor from Honda I would like to have this kind of access.

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Diagnostic Interface... where?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:Does PCX have an interface for diagnostics? If it does it's not mentioned in the service manual. It would sure makes things more interesting if there was.

Eric Buell gave owners access to everything and saved us a butt load of headaches and service expenses when he just hung a dongle from the ECM. Plug it into any computer, install a simple program and off you go (after you back up the original programming). Helps you tune your bike to aftermarket performance parts like exhaust and run full diagnostic on all systems throughout by multiple sensors both inside the engine and out. There's even a mini jumper under the passenger seat I keep that when plugged into the interface uses the engine light to flash codes if any failure on the road so you don't mess around wondering.

Honda probably would never give us this kind of control on anything or does anyone know if they do? Certainly if I wanted an interceptor from Honda I would like to have this kind of access.

An obds port to Bluetooth torque or similar would have been useful