maintenance advice required please.

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

maintenance advice required please.

Post by dergav »

I need advice please.
2 year service due on Forza...8000 mls on clock....will be self servicing...
Service manual says re "Belt Case Air Cleaner" to "wash the air cleaner element in non flammable or high flash point solvent".....so what cleaner solvent covers that requirement?

and

Manual says Radiator coolant should be renewed every two years...However from what I read in the manual it describes how to "top up" the coolant but not how to drain all the coolant to allow replacement...presumably there is a draining bolt someplace?

thanks for any help/advice.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: maintenance advice required please.

Post by gn2 »

Soapy water for the filter, no idea about the coolant.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Ishkabibble
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by Ishkabibble »

I certainly can't speak for you in this particular instance, and don't hold me accountable if you choose to use it, but I've always cleaned dirty parts with WD-40.
I found something to put here.
Add yourself to the PCX-Forza Owner's Map!
Go here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ULV6Ib-uKsjMpWaPzPwAXmfB7vU&usp=sharing
For instructions how to add yourself go here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6437#p88888

Be sure to add your Model, year, color, and name if your scoot has one!
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

DerGav,

Sorry to go off-topic with this and you may have posted elsewhere about it, but what repairs or other mechanical issues have you had in 8000 miles? You obviously use the scoot regularly to get that much mileage in two years; just wondered how it's held up...

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dergav »

Johnny..Hi..not a single thing other than the two recalls...the bike has run as sweet as a nut and I got it new...and that includes it being in an accident ( no fault of mine) where it had around £2500 of insurance repairs...almost all cosmetic damage but new handlebars/both stands etc...but mechanically no damage.
I read all the comments on this forum and have been reluctant to add comment in case I tempt fate ...but I have to say that my experience with my Forza is " never had a problem". Perhaps I just got one quality controlled better than some others...It is a 2014 so perhaps they had sorted out quality ?...or maybe just lucky ...but in my opinion it is a great and perfect bike.
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

forza coolant change

Post by dergav »

have found info on this forum re how to change coolant on a pcx but none on the Forza...anyone got any advice on where to get this info..for the Forza.....I will get the correct coolant from Honda but the manual suggests its a job needing knowledge and mechanical skill/experience...so if I tackle it I need to know I have full guidance.
Just asking in case there is someplace on the Forum I am not finding
thanks
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dergav »

Sorry...ignore this request...found the information in the service manual.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

dergav wrote:Sorry...ignore this request...found the information in the service manual.
Whats it say, whats it say?
Please share with the class so we can all learn. :D
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

dergav wrote:Johnny..Hi..not a single thing other than the two recalls...the bike has run as sweet as a nut and I got it new...and that includes it being in an accident ( no fault of mine) where it had around £2500 of insurance repairs...almost all cosmetic damage but new handlebars/both stands etc...but mechanically no damage.
I read all the comments on this forum and have been reluctant to add comment in case I tempt fate ...but I have to say that my experience with my Forza is " never had a problem". Perhaps I just got one quality controlled better than some others...It is a 2014 so perhaps they had sorted out quality ?...or maybe just lucky ...but in my opinion it is a great and perfect bike.
My Forza was made in June 2013. I think that Thailand people cheat on the quality & quantity of grease & oil they use to build motorcycles.

Both my KLX & Forza smelt wrong. Do they use fish oil when assembling the motorcycles? Is vegetable oil used in place of mineral oil?

The brake caliper grease seemed really thin.

Some of the body panel screws seem to be really small. The plastic rivets are less than 1 mm thick.

I think if Honda had put $10 worth of better parts in the Forza it would be a substantially better motorcycle. Moving production to places like Thailand and India to save a few dollars is silly.