Final drive oil change

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Final drive oil change

Post by davenowherejones »

I just did a Final Drive Oil change on 2014 Honda Forza.

Theoretically you just need a 10 mm ratchet.

I would like to know why everything I do requires a a whole lot more tools.

I am dyslexic and it takes me longer to do anything. Just trying to set the ratchet to undo a bolt takes a few tries. I know which way it should turn but brain damage does strange things to tools when they are in my hand. Trial and ERROR and REPEAT.

I could not get the oil to go into the filler. I tried a few things but they all made a mess on my landlords driveway.

I ended up getting the oil in by a syringe with a small piece of clear tubing on the end. About 8 syringes did it.

Hey it could be worse. I could be a medical doctor. One of my doctors cut off the ends of his 3 fingers with a Skil saw. He cut himself while doing minor surgery on me. I had to get an AIDS test because he was clumsy. (Negative)

The 5 minute oil change took an hour. At one time I had a College certificate that said I knew how to use tools. I think they graduated me just to get me off campus.

I bought a Chinese license plate LED for my Forza. It is now dark almost. I should go out to the shed and see if it works any better than the factory bulb. Too many mosquito's. I guess I better be quick.

The LED is a different colour but I don't think it is any better but it was a cheap experiment.
Last edited by davenowherejones on Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Final drive oil change

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:I just did a Final Drive Oil change on 2014 Honda Forza.

Theoretically you just need a 10 mm ratchet.

I would like to know why everything I do requires a a whole lot more tools.

I am dyslexic and it takes me longer to do anything. Just trying to set the ratchet to undo a bolt takes a few tries. I know which way it should turn but brain damage does strange things to tools when they are in my hand. Trial and ERROR and REPEAT.

I could not get the oil to go into the filler. I tried a few things but they all made a mess on my landlords driveway.

I ended up getting the oil in by a syringe with a small piece of clear tubing on the end. About 8 syringes did it.

Hey it could be worse. I could be a medical doctor. One of my doctors cut off the ends of his 3 fingers with a Skil saw. He cut himself while doing minor surgery on me. I had to get an AIDS test because he was clumsy. (Negative)

The 5 minute oil change took an hour. At one time I had a College certificate that said I knew how to use tools. I think they graduated me just to get me off campus.

I bought a Chinese license plate LED for my Forza. It is now dark almost. I should go out to the shed and see if it works any better than the factory bulb. Too many mosquito's. I guess I better be quick.
The syringe and tube is a great way, I use that. You can use them to remove/drain oil too.