Cig lighter 12v socket for battery tender

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Cig lighter 12v socket for battery tender

Post by davenowherejones »

Can the Forza 300 12v socket be used to hook up a battery tender? Is it always live or just when the key is turned?

Dave
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: Cig lighter 12v socket for battery tender

Post by Jge64 »

On a 2015 pcx it shuts off with ign, meaning you can not use it for charge. I assume a forza is same. Ex to test with your phone connection. Put a batt tender pigtail on the batt.....
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
dadragon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dadragon »

It is off when ignition is off
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

OK, throw that idea away.
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

davenowherejones wrote:OK, throw that idea away.
Could you rewire it at the fuse box to a permanent live?

Mind you, why do you want a battery tender? I've just restarted my Honda Vision after 3 months and it caught immediately.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

Mister Paul wrote:
davenowherejones wrote:OK, throw that idea away.
Could you rewire it at the fuse box to a permanent live?

Mind you, why do you want a battery tender? I've just restarted my Honda Vision after 3 months and it caught immediately.
Yes, pretty easy to do.....
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Old thread, I put in a cable directly to the battery. It is in the front of the compartment just above the battery. The seat stays open a little during the winter. It is covered in tape to stop shorting.

The Forza will be parked soon for the icy roads. I have a small solar cell on the shed roof that will get plugged directly to the Forza. The really dumb thing is that in the winter the sun does not get above the mountain behind my house.

The DR650 got sold because I am a weak fat little old man who could not turn it around on a steep narrow gravel road. Various medical problems suggested that it was safer to stay out of the bush. I miss that bike.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:Old thread, I put in a cable directly to the battery. It is in the front of the compartment just above the battery. The seat stays open a little during the winter. It is covered in tape to stop shorting.

The Forza will be parked soon for the icy roads. I have a small solar cell on the shed roof that will get plugged directly to the Forza. The really dumb thing is that in the winter the sun does not get above the mountain behind my house.

The DR650 got sold because I am a weak fat little old man who could not turn it around on a steep narrow gravel road. Various medical problems suggested that it was safer to stay out of the bush. I miss that bike.

You've got a mountain! I've always wanted a mountain.
dgnyberg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by dgnyberg »

you you wrote:
davenowherejones wrote:Old thread, I put in a cable directly to the battery. It is in the front of the compartment just above the battery. The seat stays open a little during the winter. It is covered in tape to stop shorting.

You You, You need to start with a mole hill!!

Dave
KG5VOO
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

dgnyberg wrote:
you you wrote:

You You, You need to start with a mole hill!!

Dave
KG5VOO

:lol: :lol: