Forza seat

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Forza seat

Post by dergav »

Anyone know?....Can the dampener on the Forza seat be adjusted? The only complaint I have with the Forza after 2500mls is the seat refusing to stay open when putting/taking things in or out .
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Forza seat

Post by gn2 »

No its not a serviceable item.
If your seat won't stay open when fully raised either
a: the seat has sprung a leak and filled with rain water
or
b: the damper has failed and will need replaced under warranty
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

thanks
It has been like it is since new...should have complained at the 600 ml service...not sure why I didn't.
Will pop into the dealer soon.
If working properly does the seat "stay up " easily..wont close until you close?
Its my only negative re the Forza...can see myself keeping this bike for many years.
Got a full service/maintenance/manual from the States ( only place I could source) earlier this week and servicing looks simple.
A great book ...but not as easy to follow as the Haynes manual for the SWing.
BRed
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2023 XMax 300
Color: Grey and black

Post by BRed »

I don't know if this will help, but when I stripped my Forza, I started to remove the seat, but never having seen the seat "damper?" (it hardly qualifies as an "opener!") ...I didn't know the ball head just popped off the stud.

By then I had already loosened the 2 large seat bolts at the hinge in preparation.
Now I decide NOT to remove the seat since I wasn't certain how to release the damper, but when I retighten the hinge nuts, the seat won't stay up.
So I loosen the seat again, lift upward until the hinge bolts move, then retighten it. Nope.

After a couple of tries I finally found a spot where it again would stay up when I lifted it...
there's not any adjustment there, its more or less just slop in bolt holes and it did make a difference.

But....mine has never "opened" of it's own volition when the seat button is pushed.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Its not supposed to lift open when the button is pushed, it has to be lifted open manually and only stays open when lifted fully open.
If you only lift it part way open it should fall closed.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong