Forza starting and seat.

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Monty1952
Regular User
Regular User

Forza starting and seat.

Post by Monty1952 »

Loving the new Forza after a couple of days but having occasional starting problems that seems to be related to the seat. Just won't start every time after I have been under the seat to store or remove something like the helmet. Have checked and seat is definately closed properly. With a bit of opening and closing it gets back to starting but inconsistant. Looks like I should take back to have the dealer check it out but any thoughts?
2014 Forza - Silver 2,300km
2013 BMW C600 Sport 0km!
BRed
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2023 XMax 300
Color: Grey and black

Re: Forza starting and seat.

Post by BRed »

Any time your Forza fails to start, grip the left brake lever MUCH tighter than you just did and try it again....
Hondas with the start inhibitor switch take a very firm grip in order to make this switch.

In fact, grip it much harder than you would typically for stopping the scoot.
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 VStrom 650

Post by JoshM »

Not starting has nothing to do with your seat. There's no sensor in your seat. You could start and ride with your seat open and your Forza would never know.

As BRed stated, just grip your left brake handle tighter.

The only other thing that would prevent your scooter from starting is if the side stand is down.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Yep, takes a firm squeeze of the left brake lever. Day one, dealer's lot, I swing a leg over, kick stand up, touch left lever push start button ---- nothing. Touch right lever ---nothing. My kids are watching to follow me home on my new scoot. Can't start my new scoot!
Go back in to hunt down my salesman.....
#1 salesman should be standing next to the scooter when the new customer mounts it.
#2 my Kymco takes the lightest touch on either lever to start.
Embarrassing.
Fish