Forza front lift hard point ??

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Forza front lift hard point ??

Post by fish »

Snooping with the camera I found what looks like the hard point for jacking up the front of the Forza.

The belly pan plastic has a large opening just aft of the radiator. Looking into this opening one can see the fan and a part of the frame with a flat area welded to the frame pipe.

It would be good if Honda had made it possible to remove a small area of the plastic panel covering this steel plate on the frame pipe so we could put a jack on it....but that lower front panel is all one piece. There is a large push-center-pin through the plastic belly panel into the center of that plate.

The service manual picture displays a scissor jack lifting the scooter at this point.....and does not depict any panels removed. So perhaps this panel area directly under the steel plate could support the weight of the scooter front.

Your thoughts?

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Forza front lift hard point ??

Post by homie »

That is certainly obvious on your Forza, someone should find where that is on PCX
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The five vertical ribs on the black panel look like they are there to take the load from lifting and the push pin is recessed to avoid being damaged.
Block of wood between the panel and trolley jack and I reckon you would be fine.
Or just lift it up by the fork legs, kick a block of something large and sturdy underneath (e.g. wood, breeze block, axlestand) and lower gently onto it.
Besides that push pin what else holds the panel in place?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

I used a 12"x1" piece of pine board and a small scissor jack and lifted my Forza directly on that metal plate - the front tire came off the ground in just a turn or two - no problem and no damage to the panels. The panel covering the jack point loops under and up to surround the radiator....I suppose it could be removed.
(applying the 7mm reflective rim tape was a different matter. 7mm straight tape seems too wide for a 14" wheel. Will use 3mm or 6mm curved tape next try.)
Fish
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

fish wrote:Snooping with the camera I found what looks like the hard point for jacking up the front of the Forza.

The belly pan plastic has a large opening just aft of the radiator. Looking into this opening one can see the fan and a part of the frame with a flat area welded to the frame pipe.

It would be good if Honda had made it possible to remove a small area of the plastic panel covering this steel plate on the frame pipe so we could put a jack on it....but that lower front panel is all one piece. There is a large push-center-pin through the plastic belly panel into the center of that plate.

The service manual picture displays a scissor jack lifting the scooter at this point.....and does not depict any panels removed. So perhaps this panel area directly under the steel plate could support the weight of the scooter front.

Your thoughts?

My thoughts, I wouldnt.