Knee Room & Lever Positioning

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Knee Room & Lever Positioning

Post by fish »

Here's a picture of my FORZA sitting in the dealer's showroom, a few days before I decided to buy it (interestingly - he has not replaced it with another Forza - but has a '15 white PCX added to the display)
I had them roll it out so I could sit on it (NO way they let you test ride anything here) It was in the midst of a Burgman, Majesty, and a big Kymco.
Don't know if you can tell by this photo - but the handlebar is rolled toward the rear of the scooter - so much so that when I sat on it the brake levers touch my knees when I turned the bar. Very disappointing! But then I noticed those little black caps on the 4 allen bolts which hold the bar in place. I pried one off with my fingernail and asked the salesman if the bar could be repositioned by loosening those 4 bolts.
He said probably not, since the bar was connected to a series of brake and throttle lines.
After he went awy I sat and studied those lines and went home to think about things.
I purchased the scooter a few days later and as soon as I got it in the garage I whipped out an allen wrench and swung that handlebar way up away from my knees - without stressing those lines in the least. There was plenty of 'play' in them, and it was easy to check that the brake levers were away from the wind screen. I'm happy that this scoot does not have the handlebar (OR the brake fluid reservoirs !) buried in plastic.
I also loosened the brake lever/mirror mounts and repositioned them so that my forearms, wrist and fingers are in a straighter plane when I reach for the brake levers. I've always been told that that is the correct position for motorcycle brake levers. - and assume it is the same for a scoot. We're not to reach down or up for the lever - just straight from the forearm/wrist/fingers.
Fish
wilbur
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza ABS
Color: The fast color

Re: Knee Room & Lever Positioning

Post by wilbur »

Not the most knowledgeable dealer then. I asked that same question and was told it's easily possible, and one of the nicer things about the Forza's design.
Image, Image
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Re: Knee Room & Lever Positioning

Post by SECoda »

Very nice bike. I went to a rural dealer out of town because he had the color PCX 150 (2013) I wanted and they had no problem letting folks test ride out there with a copy of your license. I see you are rural too. He finally got a Forza in and I just test rode it. He encouraged it because he knows I would like to maybe trade my PCX in for one. My problem is I carry it camping and the Forza is just to big to handle loading and unloading even though the tongue load and carrier should be able to handle it fine. Sure, the PCX outsells the Forza because of price but I would switch in a heart beat after test riding it if I didn't camp a lot. I even considered just buying a second smaller trailer (I have a 14 ft tandem axle utility trailer already) to carry the Forza and be done with it. The PCX is fabulous for 55 mph and under but it's light weight starts floating much after that. The Forza is much more stable on the interstate not to mention the power gain. The seat is also more comfortable. I may trade yet after I get a few thousand miles on the PCX.