12mm teflon drain plug crush washers

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

12mm teflon drain plug crush washers

Post by fish »

Been using these OEM Toyota teflon & metal washers for some time. They fit a lot ot stuff, including my Forza.
Some folks go 10 changes before replacing the oil drain plug washer. Really? 80K?
$.56 washer.
How much $$ was my scoot again?
DIY oil change: $15 for 1.5 Qt of the proper 10W/30 Pro Honda HP4M oil + $9.00 OEM filter + $.56 washer = -$25.00
In case the manual, or others, make you feel weird, I change the oil in my scooters at @ 1000 miles, or less.My oil is recycled into heating oil for local garage.
8000 miles on a scooter before dumping its 1.5 Qts of oil. Madness. Especially when you conisder that most scooters (or motorcycles) will change hands 3 times or blow up or be wrecked before they get to 8K. Essentially, owners are being told their scooter requires no service during their ownership. A throw away! Cool beans.
Fish

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10PC-Oil-Drain- ... 33&vxp=mtr
waybar
Regular User
Regular User

Re: 12mm teflon drain plug crush washers

Post by waybar »

The manual states the oil change should be done at 8000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first. Most people probably won't get 8000 miles in a year, so they should still change it annually.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: 12mm teflon drain plug crush washers

Post by you you »

fish wrote:Been using these OEM Toyota teflon & metal washers for some time. They fit a lot ot stuff, including my Forza.
Some folks go 10 changes before replacing the oil drain plug washer. Really? 80K?
$.56 washer.
How much $$ was my scoot again?
DIY oil change: $15 for 1.5 Qt of the proper 10W/30 Pro Honda HP4M oil + $9.00 OEM filter + $.56 washer = -$25.00
In case the manual, or others, make you feel weird, I change the oil in my scooters at @ 1000 miles, or less.My oil is recycled into heating oil for local garage.
8000 miles on a scooter before dumping its 1.5 Qts of oil. Madness. Especially when you conisder that most scooters (or motorcycles) will change hands 3 times or blow up or be wrecked before they get to 8K. Essentially, owners are being told their scooter requires no service during their ownership. A throw away! Cool beans.
Fish

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10PC-Oil-Drain- ... 33&vxp=mtr

1.5 quarts of oil burned every 1000 miles. That's two fingers to the environment You might as well be running a two stroke