Forza shock adjustment SOLVED

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Forza shock adjustment SOLVED

Post by fish »

OK, I read that you can turn the pre-load on the Forza rear shocks by hand. Folks say that you do not need a proper spanner tool for this.
Looking at that right side rear shock...there's no way I'm going to get my hand in there to grab and turn anything that has some resistance!
I figured I'd try the easy-to-get-at left shock: with a little squirt of WD40 and a cheap riubber glove I was able to set my shock 1 notch stiffer.(#4, of 5)
Now for the one on the 'passenger side'!
Taking a 14mm box wrench I unbolted the bottom shock mount, swung it towards the rear - and was now easily able to grab it and re-set that side, too!
To refit the bolt you will need to lift the scoot a bit to get the bolt seated and threading itself home. I was able to do this with one hand while threading in the bolt with the other. No great strength or cleverness needed here !
So, this is why Honda gave me only a nice piece of foam, an expensive looking screwdriver, a helmet cable and a fuse puller -
they knew I could service the rest of this scooter with my bare hands!
Brilliant!
(my buddy ordered the "Alpine Camping Set" with his Honda. His kit is the same as mine - but includes a piece of flint for fire starting & high altitude survival!)
Those crazy guys in Thailand....!
Fish
BRed
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2023 XMax 300
Color: Grey and black

Re: Forza shock adjustment SOLVED

Post by BRed »

I think Honda is smarter than we think......
the guys who know what they're doing will have their own tools and won't need the Honda "mystery metal" toolkit.
for those who don't own tools, the toolkit is an invitation for exploration and warranty service?

hence, the US market gets a screwdriver, a fuse puller, a garrote with safety shield and a piece of foam rubber.
it's a very nice piece of foam....mine is pastel green and it makes the toolkit look FULL!

still, a plug wrench and shock spanner would have been thoughtful?