NSS300 Fuel Pump problems

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Re: NSS300 Fuel Pump problems

Post by SECoda »

How did you do 10,000 miles so fast around your house? o_O
AustinPCX wrote:Since I haven't had any issues after 10,000 miles, makes me think I'm better off not doing the fuel pump replacement rather than have some noob tech muck things up. I've never ridden more than 20 miles from my house anyways.
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

Less than 30 miles round trip to and from work, but I ride nearly every day. Seldom use the scooter for anything else.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I guess your winter average highs are still in the 60s?
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

We were in the 20's in the morning for a week, then back up to 60's and 70's. Makes no difference to me as long as it isn't ice or a torrential downpour.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

14,500 miles on mine, never ridden it more than 30 miles at a time.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

AustinPCX wrote:Since I haven't had any issues after 10,000 miles, makes me think I'm better off not doing the fuel pump replacement rather than have some noob tech muck things up. I've never ridden more than 20 miles from my house anyways.
Your concern is understandable....and I don't have the maintenance schedule in front of me....but at your mileage won't you be needing a valve check fairly soon?
I think they have to remove some of the same panels, you could get the new fuel pump then?
Fish
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Forza valve clearance check interval is 16,000 miles.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
robisc

Post by robisc »

My dealer/mechanic today has replaced the defective fuel pump with the new part. The work takes not more than 2 hrs and here, in Italy, is free of any charge. No problems because the reassembly of plastic parts..

To whom it may concern i send a shot of the order slip where is the part no. of the pump.
Attachments
Fuel Pump part. no
Fuel Pump part. no
pompa_benzina1.jpg (65.93 KiB) Viewed 5881 times
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

My dealer has two techs that are experienced with the panels because they do a lot bikes with them. I bet they broke a few before they figured it out. :P They would not let me in the work area but they were using several tools I did not recognize and I was there long enough to see them remove the panels for the pump change very quickly. One tech must have disassembled and reassembled dozens of them if not more. I told them about the NCY parts I have for my PCX and they offered to install them for $30 because they are curious as to how they will perform and they assured me it would not affect the warranty on the rest of the bike with them. :P
Upper

Post by Upper »

Hi all, I'm a bit concerned after finding this thread, I though I did my homework which I always do before buying my next bike. Which plenty of other websites have given the thumbs up for the honda forza but they never mentioned about the fuel pump problem, now the problem is I just bought a honda forza in fact I just signed the papers just yesterday at honda Chiswick so please tell me should I be so concerned about it after so near to 2015? What date of manufacture should I check for on my new forza when I receive it on Tuesday before alarms should start ringing? And before taking it out of the shop floor can I ask them to change the pump first before I pick it up?

Many thanks a concerned buyer.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

If the Forza is new it will have the new fuel pump already fitted, if you bought used it will still be under warranty and any defective fuel pump, waterpump seal, brake caliper, brake disc, brake switch etc will get replaced free of charge.
Enter your VIN on this page and it will tell you if the fuel pump needs done: https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/you ... lls/#item3
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I bought my Forza knowing it needed the fuel pump change. They are great bikes regardless and it helped me a bit in the negotiation. As I picked my Forza up the other one at my dealer sold within two days of the pump change. In fact, he only has one PCX left now of the Forza's and two PCX he had a week ago and is trying to secure more of both.
Last edited by SECoda on Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:If the Forza is new it will have the new fuel pump already fitted, if you bought used it will still be under warranty and any defective fuel pump, waterpump seal, brake caliper, brake disc, brake switch etc will get replaced free of charge.
Enter your VIN on this page and it will tell you if the fuel pump needs done: https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/you ... lls/#item3

Maddie, maybe pin this?
Upper

Post by Upper »

gn2 wrote:If the Forza is new it will have the new fuel pump already fitted, if you bought used it will still be under warranty and any defective fuel pump, waterpump seal, brake caliper, brake disc, brake switch etc will get replaced free of charge.
Hi gn2. Thanks for your quick response, yes it's brand new off from the show room, just out of curiosity I still put my vin number on the honda website but it couldn't find it maybe because it's not registered yet ie not ready to go on the public road yet. I've got a 2013 honda sh300i all I can say is oh my days the reliability of that machine I've done 16000 on it with trouble free just hope the forza will also be trouble free like its cousin sh300i. I just don't want no regrets.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

It shares a lot of stuff with the SH and will be fine.
My Forza lives outside in all weathers, is awaiting a waterpump seal and fuel pump replacement which I think I will have done while its in for the 16,000 mile service early in the new year.
Thus far reliability has been pretty good, the only time its been unavailable for use was recently when I broke the silencer clamp changing the rear wheel and waited for a new genuine Honda one rather than go to an auto factors and buy a non-standard one.
Upper

Post by Upper »

gn2 wrote:It shares a lot of stuff with the SH and will be fine.
My Forza lives outside in all weathers, is awaiting a waterpump seal and fuel pump replacement which I think I will have done while its in for the 16,000 mile service early in the new year.
Thus far reliability has been pretty good, the only time its been unavailable for use was recently when I broke the silencer clamp changing the rear wheel and waited for a new genuine Honda one rather than go to an auto factors and buy a non-standard one.
These replacements your going to do is it because its a fault you noticed or your replacing under the honda recall?

Thanks
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

The waterpump mechanical seal will be a warranty repair for a known manufacturing defect which causes a very slight weep from the tell-take hole, (not even enough to lower the oil level out the normal range after 8,000 miles) the fuel pump is a recall.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:It shares a lot of stuff with the SH and will be fine.

Fuel and water pump replacement at 16k is pretty good reliability and you call Harley's shite?

Forza sounds like an absolute dog.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

This article has a lot of information on the fuel pump recall. Even Honda gets into trouble using third party parts sometimes.

Honda Recalls 10,000 Grom and Forza Models For Fuel Pump Issue
http://www.scooterfile.com/recalls/hond ... ump-issue/

This vendor notified Honda they screwed up...
"This particular component is produced by Thai Summit Mtisuba, and it was actually the component producer who brought the potential problem to Honda’s attention in June of this year."

Harleys come home with problems. They are in quite another class.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

you you wrote:Fuel and water pump replacement at 16k is pretty good reliability and you call Harley's shite?

Forza sounds like an absolute dog.
Its definitely not ideal, but once done will be forgotten about because it won't have cost me any time or money.
Harleys are shite, its a well known fact.