Left fairing box broken after only 6 days of ownership!

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

toria
Regular User
Regular User

Left fairing box broken after only 6 days of ownership!

Post by toria »

Not impressed. While this doesn't affect riding the bike, it's very annoying and makes me worry that the seat/fuel switch will go the same way, now that really would be a problem! If you look in the instruction manual under the section about the box, it advises not keeping valuables in there! Hmmmm, I wonder why? Has anyone else had this problem with the lock breaking! Luckily nothing was in there! Honda are going to fix at first service but will have to take bike to bits so I will have a long wait as my Honda dealer is a bit remote! So boring. Otherwise I LOVE the bike.
prenders88

Re: Left fairing box broken after only 6 days of ownership!

Post by prenders88 »

I think the storage compartment, fuel tank door, are week spots on the PCX, both look and feel flimsy.
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Have not heard of anyone having this issue
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

prenders88 wrote:I think the storage compartment, fuel tank door, are week spots on the PCX, both look and feel flimsy.

Emm, that's what is now making me 'nervous' about putting ANYTHING under the seat and also worrying about getting the fuel cover open for refuelling - I mean, if it's done it on the left fairing box, what's to say it won't do it on the right side! Honda are going to have to take my bike to bits in order to get into the box/lock. VERY annoying indeed and not good for a bike that is/was only 6 days old from new! I'm hoping this is just a one off because if it's not and I get other similar problems, it's going back to Honda for a full refund as 'not fit for purpose'. I KNOW it's not affecting the riding experience per se but it doesn't say much for the usual Honda rock solid quality/reliability!! Boooooooooooooooooooooo!!