Forza Gas Gauge acting up

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

meissinger
Regular User
Regular User

Forza Gas Gauge acting up

Post by meissinger »

The other day, I filled the tank and, of course, I got the needle pegged at full.

Yesterday, I ran a couple of errands and put 44 miles on the bike, but the needle is still pegged at full. I thought maybe there was something wrong, so I stopped the bike and powered down. The needle dropped to zero when the power was shut off, and when I started it up, it resumed it's place above full. I thought there might be something screwy in the pressure of the tank, so I stopped the bike and popped the filler cap -- started up all was as before -- still pegged. Stopped again, and looked inside the tank, and the gas is below where it was when I filled it, 44 miles ago.

Any hot'n'dirty fixes (I don't want to mess with too much before the 1st tuneup which should be in a couple of weeks. I can just assume that I need to fill up every so often and make sure I don't run out of gas, but I would rather have a working gauge.

I also have to figure out how to change the clock, but I'm assuming that's in the book :)
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Forza Gas Gauge aMincting up

Post by Darth Emma »

Mine does the same thing. It stays on full for quite a while. I thought maybe I filled it up too much, but I put it up the plate (bar thing) inside the fill neck. You could always just not fill it so full... ;)

The clock was pretty simple to set. I looked in the manual and it was just a couple of clicks.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Forza Gas Gauge acting up

Post by gn2 »

Mine does it too, the easiest thing is to simply ignore the gauge and go by the trip meter and economy meter.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Tbh just about every vehicle I've ever owned has dome this to a greater or lesser degree

I'm sure it's to make the fuel consumption look more favourable
meissinger
Regular User
Regular User

Post by meissinger »

Well, I decided to just watch it. This was only the second tank of gas I had had in that bike.

20 miles into a 100 mile jaunt -- it finally showed below full. By the time I got back, I was down to 1/3 of a tank. I ran a couple of errands. This morning, when I head out, my first trip is to the gas station. :)

Thanks for the feedback.
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

you you wrote:Tbh just about every vehicle I've ever owned has dome this to a greater or lesser degree
Car too. The last 4 bikes I have bought have had no fuel gauge, just 2 trip meters.

David
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

meissinger wrote:Well, I decided to just watch it. This was only the second tank of gas I had had in that bike.

20 miles into a 100 mile jaunt -- it finally showed below full. By the time I got back, I was down to 1/3 of a tank. I ran a couple of errands. This morning, when I head out, my first trip is to the gas station. :)

Thanks for the feedback.

Perhaps better stats might be available over a few tanks
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

Hi
This is my only annoying issue with the forza , it will show full for a while, but when it gets to the red it's bloody awful, top of the red has about 3 litres left, use the trips and you'll be able to see what your getting to the tank. I'm guessing it's the shape of the tank that is causing the issue
Rubbish compared to the Pcx
My previous fuel guage post is under the general section
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Its really simple, fill tank to the brim, zero trip A and when it shows double what the economy meter shows in mpg there's half the economy meter left.

e.g. when the trip says 150 miles and the economy meter shows 75 mpg there's 37.5 miles left.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Its really simple, fill tank to the brim, zero trip A and when it shows double what the economy meter shows in mpg there's half the economy meter left.

e.g. when the trip says 150 miles and the economy meter shows 75 mpg there's 37.5 miles left.

What's twice the half of one and a half?
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

you you wrote: What's twice the half of one and a half?

Yes.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

you you wrote:
gn2 wrote:Its really simple, fill tank to the brim, zero trip A and when it shows double what the economy meter shows in mpg there's half the economy meter left.

What's twice the half of one and a half?
Wednesday.
Nines

Post by Nines »

The speed of a partially-laden swallow.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Nines wrote:The speed of a partially-laden swallow.

African or European?
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

you you wrote:
Nines wrote:The speed of a partially-laden swallow.

African or European?
International
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Toyota or real one?
alan
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by alan »

my Toyota yarus does this to I just go by the odom
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Post by V4 TRV »

I reckon it's taken from the car gauges which usually leave a gallon in reserve.

Not much use when you only have 2.5! :D
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

Forza fuel tank is 3.0 US gallons. I multiply the economy meter by 3 and subtract about 10-15 miles to get my upper limit. 25 fill ups so far. Refilled at 2.9 gallons once, usually about 2.7.
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

AustinPCX wrote: Forza fuel tank is 3.0 US gallons. I multiply the economy meter by 3 and subtract about 10-15 miles to get my upper limit. 25 fill ups so far. Refilled at 2.9 gallons once, usually about 2.7.
I get similar to you. I've got 2700 miles, had 24 fill ups. One of my regular trips is 183 miles one way which I avg 2X/month. Fill up is 2.7-2.8 gallons. I just 3X the meter because it is already conservative by 3-5mpg on mine.
I have a tendency to go the distance when I know the location of the fuel stations.
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: http://tinyurl.com/o9hqc4o