slight vibration at about 68 mph...anyone?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: slight vibration at about 68 mph...anyone?

Post by skuuter »

gn2 wrote:Its normal for a single cylinder engine to vibrate.
Honda have done a very good job of isolating the vibrations on the Forza, you should try a CBR250....
Without actually riding your Forza there's no way to establish if what you are experiencing is the normal slight buzzing vibration or something worse.
Take it to the dealer and get them to check it out.
The PCX has much smaller moving parts, so creates less vibration to deal with.
How many different motorcycles/scooters have you ridden over the years?
Yep, Single Cylinder resonation....around the slightly + or - 65 mph mark is the Forza's resonation point....I've ridden several, new and several mile units....They all do it..... ;) 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
jonah8208

Post by jonah8208 »

68 mph mine won't get near that without 2 miles of road and a tailwind, and I am not a fat bastard either.

"you're feeling the rollers in the variator bouncing around. its similar to a rev limiter except you can change out your variator and weights to add another 10+ mph."

tell me more?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Do you have a Forza.....?
Because that's what this thread is about.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
jonah8208

Post by jonah8208 »

gn2 wrote:Do you have a Forza.....?
Because that's what this thread is about.
Yes 300 cc Forza Scoot bigger version of the PCX 125 it will do 70 per ......... eventually............... I thought it should cruise at 70 no problem it is billed as a long distance commuter. Not a big issue where I live in the Channel Islands but even so if I take it to Frogland I would expect it to hold its own with a 2CV and not embarrass me.

So you gonna enlighten me on the "get another 10mph out of it" issue or do you really think I am so thick I don't know what I ride to work every day?

FYI I have a Bandit, 2 Honda Civics and 2 Tractors also but I do know the difference 8-)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

A Forza will do 87 so it seems very odd that yours won't do 70.
Mine does 70 with ease.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
jonah8208

Post by jonah8208 »

It will do 70 just about , it will probably go faster but we dont have a road long enough to get a straight flat out run here. 87 Don,t think so mine is running out of steam at about 65. I wonder if it is restricted in some way, you guys know more than me what you think?

Still it is only meant for commuting on built up 35 per roads and it is very comfy and classy to ride, and incidentally girls who would not entertain clambering on the back of my Bandit are perfectly happy with the scooter.

So on balance it is not really a big issue I was just surprised it would be marginal to ride on a motorway and nigh on suicidal on an Autoroutes.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Its actually intended to be capable of 70 uphill with two occupants.
The acceleration drops off the faster you go but it should hit 70 easily enough.