How to remove the rear wheel in 6 minutes (video)

Maintenance, guides, and walkthroughs for your Forza. Please do not post questions about repairing or fixing your bike here.

Moderator: Modsquad

easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

How to remove the rear wheel in 6 minutes (video)

Post by easyrider »

Next time the service dept tells you its a two hour job to do a pad slap show em this.. LOL.. Actually, hope this short video helps some of you DIY guys with doing your own work .6 minutes well..maybe ??

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvV-j2ZMUDvrnwEo55KHwHHsFMXv
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: How to remove the rear wheel in 6 minutes (video)

Post by davenowherejones »

Takes me a little longer but I am slow and careful. If Honda had pointed the muffler up a bit it would be quite a bit easier. We might even be able to clearly see the brake pads.

If doing pads I would loosen the caliper pin (?) before taking it off the swingarm. I seem to need clearance so I take off the plastic shield over the pipe but I don't take off any of the covers on the muffler itself.

I have a Canadian Forza so I don't have the added complications of a parking brake. Canadians are smarted than Americans? We don't park on steep hills. My Forza has never rolled away yet, touch wood.

Thanks for the video.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

Hope it helps..I did a complete disassembly for video but mainly for internal inspection, cleaning,and greasing.Cleaned and painted where necessary all the individual components.Checked brakes and wheel bearing .Honda Forza is a well made machine and a joy to work on because the fit and fitment is precise which makes it relatively easy to work on.The plastics could be another story however.
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

Great video, EasyRider, thanks very much. I've saved it as a reference for future work.

Visuals are good.

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

Glad that it will help..visuals always seem to be clearer. Here is a YOUTUBE link for future reference.The above posted link will terminate in the near future so keep this reference if needed again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw8xAIZnftk&t=40s
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oldies! I can hear them aplayin' :P Air conditioned garage? It's Florida. It's hot. You're cool calm and diggin' in!
Impressed: your How-To was organized, thought-out and precisely done. That combination matters getting any job done and in a timely fashion. Success is yours!
Sharing: You will be helping more folks than you even know. Kudo's to you for taking the time!

Comparing: Do you miss your PCX at all? Wait, did you keep it? Ok, itsa dizzy morning on the Island :oops: I know you appreciate the way the Forza handles in the wind compared to it's featherweight sibling, but what else gets points? The plastics are still a p.i.t.a. to remove? Seat any better? The PCX is a breeze to move about, how's pushing the 4za?

By the way, nice head of hair ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

Thanks for your positive comments. I still have the PCX and find it hard to part with it. However the FORZA is way better in most every aspect. The PCX is nimble and lightweight however the FORZA is almost every bit as nimble ,has much better seating comfort , better weight ratio, and stability. In fact, I can make better slow turns with it . You sit on top of the PCX and perhaps a taller perspective, but with the FORZA you kind of sit into it which gives you a lower center of gravity. Much better power band and can take the hills without much if any diminishing speed. You have to pin the PCX going up hills, but not with the FORZA. Wind still plays a role but largely due to my taller windshield, but nowhere near the effects it has on the PCX . I have the CBS and not the anti lock brakes which I find to be excellent. I know many are emphatic about having anti lock brakes , but this CBS works just great. The PCX has a harsher feel when taking road irregularities and bumps. FORZA way better in that regard and the wider tires stick better on the curves. My PCX always had weird buzzing sound albeit normal. The FORZA has a much more solid feel, better feeling of security on the road and less body noise.All in all the PCX is a great slow speed commuter bike on good roads and for short runs under 50 MPH. The FORZA is capable of much further jaunts with nice cruising speeds under 60 mph, but many riders I'm sure will push that envelope as well without much issue. Hope this is helpful.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I'm very grateful for that review! It's a keeper. Precise and loaded with info. You're the man! Bookmarked. I have no further questions, imagine that! 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

For the DIY guys.. I painted my Outboard engine cover.. Pics taken with cellphone FYI .
Note: best viewed on full screen spkers on..
https://youtu.be/U0_oROiIeEc
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Looks a good job
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

easyrider wrote:For the DIY guys.. I painted my Outboard engine cover.
Why the heck doesn't youtube bust you for music copywrite like they do me? Waving around Pink Floyd like they were a garage band. I can't even have the radio playing in the background in my video's WTF.......that's just BS :x

oh... never mind its a 2014 video.... you are grandfathered in I take it, good job :oops:
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

easyrider wrote:For the DIY guys.. I painted my Outboard engine cover.. Pics taken with cellphone FYI .
Note: best viewed on full screen spkers on..
Nice work (oh, and by the way, nice shop)!

Did you clear over the decals? If not, fine, or if so would you have to prep the surface or would you clear right over them with no further prep?

Backyard painters want to know...

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

No , I would not clear over the decals. I purchased them and installed after the painting was complete.If you clear over the decals and ever have to replace them you have a lot of work on your hands trimming etc. If you put decals over the painted surface you can remove the decals and replace with new ones by using a heat gun or softening agents and not disturb the paint.The factory had my decals on top as well.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

Excellent video easyrider! Thanks for sharing!
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Red

Post by MBMyer »

easyrider, thanks for the Forza rear removal video. I’ve saved a copy to the folder of my hard drive that also contains my shop manual.

It came just at the right moment, since I may have to swap out the rear soon. It’s still got plenty of tread left, but I had to plug it last Friday while I was away from home. It’s still holding pressure with no loss over the last week, and since the plug is near the center of the tread, I may get away with keeping the tire for a few more months, but I’m not terribly optimistic about any patched or plugged motorcycle tire. The replacement arrived on my porch on Tuesday. Time will tell.

Again, thanks for the timely video!

Michael
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

I had to plug my rear original tire. I rode 2000 km before I was able to get a Michelin City Grip put on. I guess I was lucky with the plug. I was nervous the whole time.
aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Post by aguim »

I had to plug the rear one, too. Didn't leak for 5,000km, using the cheap plug kit sold at Canadian
Tire here. The trick is to (generously) treat the hole with rubber cement before introducing the plug,
then let it dry a while before having a go.

BTW, removing the wheel can be done in less than 3 minutes with the proper, at-the-ready tools.
I use a small 120V impact gun with 10,12,14,24mm sockets. In a real rush, that wheel can be out
in less than one minute imo (will check that next time).
aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Post by aguim »

So I gave it a try this morning, with, I thought, every tool at-the-ready... only to have to run
to the toolbox for a missing one (a 14mm wrench needed to get the lower/ front swing arm
bolt out -couldn't reach it with the impact gun). Result : took me 3 minutes flat.

The rear brakes pads were 80% done at 17000km, had already been changed at 9K or so. Every-
thing else in the brake system was ok, but I noticed the disc's holes were pretty much
packed with pad stuff, so I decided to slightly chamfer those, on both sides, using a 1/2 inch
drill bit. Only time will tell if that helps...

Then it took nearly two hours to put it back together with new pads and everything clean and tight.

I still think the wheel can be out in one minute, will give it another try next tyre change.
Vesper2112
Year: 2014 Forza

Post by Vesper2112 »

So the axle nut needs a 24mm? Dangit... My set only goes to 18mm. Whelp... Another trip to Home Depot (after needing to get a screw extractor). Great vid! Had a flat and figured taking the wheel to my dealer might be easier than arranging getting the whole scooter there. Plus i want to learn how to do some of this stuff anyway.
Cactus
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2016 Forza

Post by Cactus »

Can the Video be put on You Tube, don't see the Video on MS One Drive...
OK, see the You Tube version...