Orange running lights

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: Orange running lights

Post by davenowherejones »

Gil wrote:
davenowherejones wrote: What motorcycle did you use the eBay flasher on? PCX or Forza 300? Where did you wire it in? How?

Thanks
I used it on my Honda PCX. I replaced the stock one with the ebay one, it plugs into the stock plug, it's that simple. I'm guessing that it's the same type for the Forza 300?

Gil
The Forza 300 uses a flasher with more connections. I will have to look at a circuit diagram to figure out if I can use a two wire unit with some custom wiring. I think the Forza has an electronic flasher but it is not adjustable.

I added an Admore light bar in the rear and everything flashes a little fast. I would like to add some more LED's just below my top case but I am concerned that the flasher will speed up even more.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

you you wrote:
Gil wrote:Here is a picture of the LED bulbs I used for the turn signals on my scoot. They aren't as bright as I would like, but for now they will do. I got them from ebay. I bought a couple extra, sacrificed this one just to see how it's wired.

gil

:D Ive done the same to see inside.

Most of the house bulbs are LED now. Much better.
Some of my house LED's say they last 22 years, others only 4 or 5 years. I just had one burn out in the bathroom at about 2 years. Too expensive, I am not saving any money, maybe a little energy. I hated the CF spiral bulbs.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Any LED's light output declines over time, part of how they estimate the lifespan, normally around %70 or less of initial output. Led's should not just suddenly fail, if they do, usually it's a defect in manufacture, poor heatsink (they do get hot at the chip area itself) poor other components such as capacitors (most cheap ones are very flaky and capacitors age and fail all the time), or poor solder connections. Capacitors and other control chips can be used in more complicated designs.
Actual life figures in hours vary but mostly 20000-50000 hr's is quoted, again, till light output is below a certain figure. So, depends on many things, quality of manufacture (price does not guarantee much as most retail prices are hiked and manufacture cost is low) and use.
Other things that produce sudden failure are shock (so more so ona bike dealing with bumps) and extreme cold in winter, and if leds are wired in series or any part of the circuit is in series, then chunks of the display or whole display may fail.
Not worth buying expensive LED lights for the home, best get good cheaper ones and replace many years on.
Now we have led lights on our bikes, such as the PCX headlight cluster, not so easy to carry spares any more is it :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:
you you wrote:
Gil wrote:Here is a picture of the LED bulbs I used for the turn signals on my scoot. They aren't as bright as I would like, but for now they will do. I got them from ebay. I bought a couple extra, sacrificed this one just to see how it's wired.

gil

:D Ive done the same to see inside.

Most of the house bulbs are LED now. Much better.
Some of my house LED's say they last 22 years, others only 4 or 5 years. I just had one burn out in the bathroom at about 2 years. Too expensive, I am not saving any money, maybe a little energy. I hated the CF spiral bulbs.
Where to start?

OK, here goes. Do you pay money for your energy?
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

I also replaced most of the house lights with led bulbs. There was a clear distinction of the money saved from month to month and year to year. The LED bulbs that I have replaced at home are the ones we use the most, like the kitchen or bathroom. I even replaced the light bulbs in the fridge with LED ones. In my kitchen alone, I'm saving 350 watts . At 4 hours a day, that's 1400 watt hours. The current electricity hog is the 50' plasma TV, it's rated at 500 watts Max.

Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

[/quote]

Where to start?

OK, here goes. Do you pay money for your energy?[/quote][/quote]
not much, cheap hydro electric and I actually turn lights off when I am not in the room
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Gil »

davenowherejones wrote:
Gil wrote:
davenowherejones wrote: What motorcycle did you use the eBay flasher on? PCX or Forza 300? Where did you wire it in? How?

Thanks
I used it on my Honda PCX. I replaced the stock one with the ebay one, it plugs into the stock plug, it's that simple. I'm guessing that it's the same type for the Forza 300?

Gil
The Forza 300 uses a flasher with more connections. I will have to look at a circuit diagram to figure out if I can use a two wire unit with some custom wiring. I think the Forza has an electronic flasher but it is not adjustable.

I added an Admore light bar in the rear and everything flashes a little fast. I would like to add some more LED's just below my top case but I am concerned that the flasher will speed up even more.

There are more options at superbrightleds.com .
https://www.superbrightleds.com/search/ ... s/flasher/

And more in ebay.com
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... r&_sacat=0

Found one on ebay, but not sure if it's for LEDs.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Wire-Round-T ... FA&vxp=mtr

Gil
ImageImage
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

Love admore products, very high quality, put their leds on my saddlebags and wired this flasher into them- made for LEDS

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M3 ... UTF8&psc=1
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:
Where to start?

OK, here goes. Do you pay money for your energy?[/quote][/quote]
not much, cheap hydro electric and I actually turn lights off when I am not in the room[/quote]

OK. You win :lol:
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Gil »

I bought some new amber led lights from ebay to try out. They are brighter than the previous led bulbs I had on the scoot. They are also cheap.

These were $8 shipped.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/390980118768
$8 on ebay
$8 on ebay
content2_zpsc907134b.jpg (108.3 KiB) Viewed 699 times
These were $14 shipped.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-1156-7506-B ... 2749.l2649
$14 on ebay
$14 on ebay
924337065_o.jpg (134.91 KiB) Viewed 699 times
Gil
ImageImage