FORZA ON THE DRAGON!

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

rc51ny
Year: 2015
Color: Red

FORZA ON THE DRAGON!

Post by rc51ny »

1783518 2.jpg
1783518 2.jpg (907.34 KiB) Viewed 879 times
So I am a long time motorcycle rider and have ridden the Tail of the Dragon numerous times. Been there on my Hayabusa, ZX-14R, Speed Triple, but never a scooter or "little bike". So my buddy bought a Grom and over coffee one day we joked about taking him Grom and my Forza--the "little bikes" --and go ride the Dragon. While others thought we were crazy we were jazzed about the thought of it. So in November, 2017 we did it. Here's proof that a Forza and handle the Dragon--(yes, dragged hard parts a couple of time, but that's the only problem!)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: FORZA ON THE DRAGON!

Post by Mel46 »

Yes, it is easy to scrape something on these little bikes. I s raped the center stand once when I was on the Georgia version of the Dragon's Tail. It is shorter, but lots and lots of curves. The big bikes have a higher CG and stance, so leaning into the curves at a high speed can cause sparks to fly.
Other wise, it is great fun.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

The centre stand seems to be the low point. I am hearing impaired and I wonder if I ever scape the centre stand. I might put some tape on it before my next hard ride to see if I scape any off.

Today was almost warm enough to ride. 5C but plenty of ice and snow around. It was hard enough walking on the sidewalks.

Soon but not yet.
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

Welcome, rc51ny, and thanks for the great photo.

Do you still have your rc51? How's it holding up? Great bike IMO.

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:The centre stand seems to be the low point. I am hearing impaired and I wonder if I ever scape the centre stand. I might put some tape on it before my next hard ride to see if I scape any off.

Today was almost warm enough to ride. 5C but plenty of ice and snow around. It was hard enough walking on the sidewalks.

Soon but not yet.

You can feel anything scraping really clearly.
Steveston
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by Steveston »

davenowherejones wrote:The centre stand seems to be the low point. I am hearing impaired and I wonder if I ever scape the centre stand. I might put some tape on it before my next hard ride to see if I scape any off.

Soon but not yet.
Weather sure is different between the two ends of the Lower Mainland. Out here in Steveston we missed all the ice storm stuff.

As a result, I've been riding to work everyday since the New Year. Plenty of rain gear, though.
markcap
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016

Post by markcap »

Nice form there RC!

I was on the dragon in June. Unfortunately for me I have a way of making myself car sick....I was glad when it ended....
Markcap
2016 PCX--Dark Candy Red
2016 Forza--Pearl Red