Where do you park?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Where do you park?

Post by davenowherejones »

I used to have a Yamaha BWS which I would park on sidewalks anywhere. The Honda Forza 300 seems too big for sidewalks so I just park in regular car parking spots.

I parked in Vancouver once but failed to notice that the parking ended at 3:00 pm and became a driving lane. I got towed, expensive.

I parked in New Brunswick once and saw a really big guy moving my motorcycle over so that he could park. Being a small guy I just watched, no damage done, to the CB125 or me.

I had a KLX250 that got lowered but kept the regular side stand. It was real tippy if I parked on uneven ground. I fixed that side stand with a 20 pounds sledge hammer. A funky curve but way more stable.

My Honda Forza 300 is parked in my shed right now. I am not impressed with all the snow that is falling today. The weather people keep saying it is going to get warm. Liars.
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: Where do you park?

Post by Gil »

I used to park my Yamaha riva next to the bicycle rack at my local shopping center, never had an issue. My PCX, I park on a parking spot. As for the Forza, I would park it on a parking spot since it is much bigger. Then again I have seen sports bikes next to the bike rack so, your millage might vary.

Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

When I'm in a parking lot And pulling into a parking spot, I always park, obviously in the center of the parking space, and not all the way up against the parking ingot. I park almost at the beginning of the space so that my tail light is parallel with the end of the space, that allows people to see it as they just come Down the row. Parking all the way in, they can think the spot is empty, and pull in and smack the bike, Which happened to a friend of mine.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Atis
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Atis »

I live in a pretty urban area but not a large city. I always park in a legal parking spot. I'm guessing if you're in any area where parking is metered you're a target for a ticket or tow if you're not in a parking spot. In unmetered parking lots I park as mentioned earlier closer to the aisle so I'm visible. Facing in or out whichever way makes coming or going easier if the ground is not level.
Honda 2014 Forza 300 (ABS)
Honda 1995 Elite 80 (Sold)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

This is an interesting question. Here in the states I'm betting we get away with parking just about anywhere since scooters are rare. The PCX is borderline scooter in appearance but still passes over where a motorcycle could never part without complaint. For example the Harleys will take a typical parking place in the lot but I will put Precious right up the wheel chair ramp and park against any structure. For example Home Depot, Costco any grocery store and even a Promenade mall. I've noticed the mall cops don't care, fire marshals won't ticket and no one seems to bother about it. You'd never try that on a big bike so it's pretty cool. I only do it when there are no spaces available in the first rows of the place I intend to patron. I simply won't leave precious to the wolves in a back lot.... ever. Am I a putz or what?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have even parked mine at the beginning of the rows in parking lots, where the angled lines are. No one seems to care because the PCX is so small that it doesn't block anything or anyone. At Starbucks I park in the wheelchair access part of Handicap parking, where the angled lines are. However, I do have a handicap tag on my scooter...Very rare, but they do hand them out. I know of some other handicap vets who ride scooters and have handicap status as well.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

I park my Forza up the ramp and next to the building's wall.Never get hassled.I came out of Wallyworld yesterday and there was an Aspencade right next to me.Easy ingress/ egress and no bother to anyone.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I am getting a haircut, the beard is going and the Forza will be unparked! BUT it is only 2.3C. I have a personal limit of 5C. Maybe this afternoon.

My neighbour was in a multi-bus crash. My former boss crashed his million dollar airplane. Both ended up in the hospital. I HATE that place. I will have to ride carefully. The problem is that I am surrounded by idiots.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I found a better place to park. I even left a DNA sample, damn coffee. This is at Othello exit on the Coquihalla Highway. Just up the road from where the big accident took place. My neighbour was in the bus that flipped onto its side. I had to go get him out of the Abbotsford Hospital.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/people-flying-all ... -1.3819259

The highway is badly designed. It was built in a hurry for the government to claim they did something for the Expo86 worlds fair.
Attachments
IMG_2764.jpeg
IMG_2764.jpeg (34.17 KiB) Viewed 1435 times
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I parked up at the snow by Othello again today but first I went to park beside some weird looking Triumph Triple with a single sided swing arm. It looked really odd until I realized my Forza is sort of a single sided swing arm also.

No busses or police cars were injured during my ride today. I came back from Chilliwack the other day and the RCMP were looking over a cliff to something down below. I left them to it.

So is the Forza 300 officially dead now? Should I order spare body parts while I can?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

My Forza is parked in the shed again. I took off the rear wheel with the intention of putting a new Michelin CityGrip on it.

How difficult could it be?

The wheel came off when I used my 24 inch breaker bar on the wheel nut. It was really corroded on. A few other bolts needed the breaker bar. I am not as strong at almost 59 as I used to be. The current rear brake pads have only 3300 km on them so I will leave them alone. The fronts have 47,000 km, awsome!

I had a hell of a time breaking the bead with just tire irons. I could have used more appropriate tools but I wanted to see if I could do it with just the tire irons.

I then struggled to get the tire off the rim. I should have taken a lunch break and done some thinking. I am dyslexic and I think I alternated between taking the tire off and putting it back on.

I was once trained as a mechanic but it became obvious that it was not a good profession for me. Too much brain damage and I have seriously injured the brain even more since then.

So next was to get the new tire on the rim. The new one had a lot more stretch in it. I struggled but got it on.

So now I needed air in the tire to seat the bead. I have a little teeny 1 gallon compressor that apparently does not work that well. I went looking for the mobile home owner's compressor but he must have it in his work truck. A neighbour is away but I knew where his compressor is. I could not find an air hose at first and then I could not find an air chuck that would fit.

I borrowed another neighbours compressor but it was no better than my defective one. I resorted to the cigarette lighter powered one in my 4x4. Still no seating. I tried zap straps to move the tire out to the rim. Still too much leaking. I resorted to putting a ratchet strap around the tire to squish it. It almost worked and then I sprayed soapy water in the leaking spots. It was just enough to plop the beads in place.

So next it was McDonald's time. I sure hope I won the lottery tonight. That was way too much effort just to change the tire. I still need to put my Ride-On tire sealant/balancer in and put the wheel back on. Then it is test ride time. Unless I buy a Honda CRF250 Rally tomorrow. Or I am having really bad muscle cramps right now.

You know if I die in my sleep tonight I can ride Honda's forever.

Shit on the highway,
Smoke in the air,
I am riding my Honda,
I really don't care.
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

Onward through the snow, Dave..Keep up the good work!

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
Spaguar
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018 Forza 125
Color: Silver/Pacific

Post by Spaguar »

Hey Dave,
I've got muscle cramps just reading your post.
I am 59 and I definitely will not do such an exercise.
In my young days, in my country, if you wanted to ride or drive any kind of motor vehicle, you had to know all about it's mechanics and be prepared to repair it on the road. Sometimes even produce your own spare parts. Once I had my car engine opened on my kitchen table for a week and a hopeful young wife that we will make it with our kids to our vacation destination. (We did make it indeed)
Now I don't even want to look under the bonnet and I leave all the car servicing and maintenance to the garage and I intend to do the same with my Honda Forza. I just want to enjoy the ride.
I can understand and admire your pleasure of D.I.Y. but I intend to keep my hands off the grease. ;)
Cheers!
Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
ImageImageImage
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Extra lights in daylight.jpg
Extra lights in daylight.jpg (342.47 KiB) Viewed 1263 times
This is where I park most of the time.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hi Mel, I still want to do lights like on your forks. Are they switchable or on with headlights?

I got my wheel back on and the Ride-On installed. My tire pressure valve caps need new batteries.

I test rode the new tires around the local airport twice and the hit the Fraser Canyon to Boston Bar for ice cream. A good day but I am sore from bending over. I want a new body.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

The spotlights on the forks are easy enough to install. They are connected to the battery through a switch on the handlebar. I drilled a small hole through the switch and inserted a safety pin through it so that it would not get accidentally turned on...say, by curious children. I hooked them to the battery because I not only want to use them while riding around, but also if I am riding home at night and blow a fuse, I want to be able to get home. I have several lights that are hooked up like that, including small strobe lights and a little LED light in the wheel well. The switch for those is on the right side of the handlebar. The switch for the spot lights is on the left side of the handlebar. I also just added two small spot lights on the handlebar by each mirror that have a push button switch in the center of the handlebar assembly. Making it home in the dark is an imperative.
Front lights now.jpg
Front lights now.jpg (104.07 KiB) Viewed 1243 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

mhdgraphics
Color: Red Forza

Post by mhdgraphics »

Mel46 wrote:
Which by looking at the picture (the blue paint on the right side is a give away) is the loading area for the handicapped parking spot next to you. After 20 years taking care of a handicapped spouse and dealing with inconsiderate people in parking lots- I would give you a ticket and have your scoot towed...

but that's just me...
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

mhdgraphics wrote:
Mel46 wrote:
Which by looking at the picture (the blue paint on the right side is a give away) is the loading area for the handicapped parking spot next to you. After 20 years taking care of a handicapped spouse and dealing with inconsiderate people in parking lots- I would give you a ticket and have your scoot towed...

but that's just me...

There does seem to be plenty of other places to park....