Hello I’m a newbie

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Re: Hello I’m a newbie

Post by aguim »

As Lyndon Johnson once told Lester B. : you can have all the fantasies you wish for, not pissing on
my shoes. Canadians have been 'quiet' ever since.
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

The Forza engine is pretty forgiving. It will run on almost any oil or any grade of gas. Super Premium gas does nothing for this low revving engine.
I'm not aware of any relationship between RPM and required octane - Maybe there is one, but I haven't run across it. I thought octane was basically a requirement related to compression ratio. Also as I understand it, some people use 89 octane because (at least some) fuel manufacturers place additional beneficial additives and less ethanol in their higher octane options.

But I may be wrong, is this incorrect ?
aguim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aguim »

@springer,

Most of us using Premium do it for fear of ethanol. Regular's octane rating otherwise is ok for all
but a very few engines made today.
Forza-on-Air
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by Forza-on-Air »

davenowherejones wrote:Ah come one, every one needs a nice fantasy.

If you want to go fast, buy a fast bike, a scooter is not a fast bike.

If you want loud, buy a Harley with straight pipes.

If you want death defying you should have ridden with me in the Fraser Canyon today. The train engine is still on its side in the mud, the mountains are still falling down and it is still raining.

The definition of insanity is going to Boston Bar in the rain for a $1.25 ice cream bar!

Crazy Dave
I never said I wanted to go fast, I feel that the forza 300 is a little sluggish on 0-40mph
Polishing the variator and using sliders fixed that problem. Also I never said I want loud exhaust
Not all aftermarket exhaust are loud.
Forza-on-Air

Post by Forza-on-Air »

aguim wrote:Not everybody shares your enthusiasms:

Open exhausts are just noisy crap, an an insult to civilized ears. Moreover, their real power gain
is near zilch.

As to the slider thing, see how quickly they wear down ( mine's rollers are still fine @23.5K). Or:
Honda engineers know a thing or two about variator design, after all.

I’ve read that sliders last longer than roller.
Forza-on-Air

Post by Forza-on-Air »

Everyone is saying that an exhaust on a forza have zero gains, any documents or dyno chart supporting this I would love to know. Thanks
aguim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aguim »

FOA,

- nobody says sliders are bad. It's just that Honda rollers are good enough, and reliable.
Then getting both better acceleration AND top speed from sliders (with a given horsepower) is
simply impossible.
- why dyno a f...ing scooter.
Forza-on-Air

Post by Forza-on-Air »

aguim wrote:FOA,

- nobody says sliders are bad. It's just that Honda rollers are good enough, and reliable.
Then getting both better acceleration AND top speed from sliders (with a given horsepower) is
simply impossible.
A lot of people dyno scooters for tuning. I guess your satisfied with good enough reliable scooter. That’s cool.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Forza-on-Air wrote:

simply impossible.
A lot of people dyno scooters for tuning. I guess your satisfied with good enough reliable scooter. That’s cool.
They have an interesting hobby make trivial improvements to a relatively low speed machine. Everyone needs a hobby.
Forza-on-Air

Post by Forza-on-Air »

davenowherejones wrote:
Forza-on-Air wrote:

simply impossible.
They have an interesting hobby make trivial improvements to a relatively low speed machine. Everyone needs a hobby.
Another good enough rider lol