The Honda PCX / Honda Forza / SH Forums

Your predominant source of information for the Honda PCX 125, Honda PCX ESP, Honda PCX 150, and Forza. Now featuring a SH300i / SH150i subforum!
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Hello I’m a newbie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:23 pm 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:03 pm
Posts: 227
Location: northern ontario
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014
As Lyndon Johnson once told Lester B. : you can have all the fantasies you wish for, not pissing on
my shoes. Canadians have been 'quiet' ever since.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello I’m a newbie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:17 am 
Offline
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:28 pm
Posts: 183
Location: SE Pa
Year: 2018
Color: white
Quote:
The Forza engine is pretty forgiving. It will run on almost any oil or any grade of gas. Super Premium gas does nothing for this low revving engine.

I'm not aware of any relationship between RPM and required octane - Maybe there is one, but I haven't run across it. I thought octane was basically a requirement related to compression ratio. Also as I understand it, some people use 89 octane because (at least some) fuel manufacturers place additional beneficial additives and less ethanol in their higher octane options.

But I may be wrong, is this incorrect ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello I’m a newbie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:42 am 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:03 pm
Posts: 227
Location: northern ontario
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014
@springer,

Most of us using Premium do it for fear of ethanol. Regular's octane rating otherwise is ok for all
but a very few engines made today.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello I’m a newbie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:41 pm 
Offline
New Member
New Member

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:49 pm
Posts: 29
Location: San diego
Year: 2014
Color: Red
davenowherejones wrote:
Ah come one, every one needs a nice fantasy.

If you want to go fast, buy a fast bike, a scooter is not a fast bike.

If you want loud, buy a Harley with straight pipes.

If you want death defying you should have ridden with me in the Fraser Canyon today. The train engine is still on its side in the mud, the mountains are still falling down and it is still raining.

The definition of insanity is going to Boston Bar in the rain for a $1.25 ice cream bar!

Crazy Dave


I never said I wanted to go fast, I feel that the forza 300 is a little sluggish on 0-40mph
Polishing the variator and using sliders fixed that problem. Also I never said I want loud exhaust
Not all aftermarket exhaust are loud.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello I’m a newbie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:43 pm 
Offline
New Member
New Member

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:49 pm
Posts: 29
Location: San diego
Year: 2014
Color: Red
aguim wrote:
Not everybody shares your enthusiasms:

Open exhausts are just noisy crap, an an insult to civilized ears. Moreover, their real power gain
is near zilch.

As to the slider thing, see how quickly they wear down ( mine's rollers are still fine @23.5K). Or:
Honda engineers know a thing or two about variator design, after all.



I’ve read that sliders last longer than roller.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello I’m a newbie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:51 pm 
Offline
New Member
New Member

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:49 pm
Posts: 29
Location: San diego
Year: 2014
Color: Red
Everyone is saying that an exhaust on a forza have zero gains, any documents or dyno chart supporting this I would love to know. Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello I’m a newbie
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:09 pm 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:03 pm
Posts: 227
Location: northern ontario
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014
FOA,

- nobody says sliders are bad. It's just that Honda rollers are good enough, and reliable.
Then getting both better acceleration AND top speed from sliders (with a given horsepower) is
simply impossible.
- why dyno a f...ing scooter.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello I’m a newbie
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:48 pm 
Offline
New Member
New Member

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:49 pm
Posts: 29
Location: San diego
Year: 2014
Color: Red
aguim wrote:
FOA,

- nobody says sliders are bad. It's just that Honda rollers are good enough, and reliable.
Then getting both better acceleration AND top speed from sliders (with a given horsepower) is
simply impossible.
- why dyno a f...ing scooter.


A lot of people dyno scooters for tuning. I guess your satisfied with good enough reliable scooter. That’s cool.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello I’m a newbie
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:06 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:06 pm
Posts: 865
Location: Hope, BC, Canada
Year: 2014
Color: Silver
Forza-on-Air wrote:
aguim wrote:
FOA,

- nobody says sliders are bad. It's just that Honda rollers are good enough, and reliable.
Then getting both better acceleration AND top speed from sliders (with a given horsepower) is
simply impossible.
- why dyno a f...ing scooter.


A lot of people dyno scooters for tuning. I guess your satisfied with good enough reliable scooter. That’s cool.


They have an interesting hobby make trivial improvements to a relatively low speed machine. Everyone needs a hobby.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello I’m a newbie
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:10 pm 
Offline
New Member
New Member

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:49 pm
Posts: 29
Location: San diego
Year: 2014
Color: Red
davenowherejones wrote:
Forza-on-Air wrote:
aguim wrote:
FOA,

- nobody says sliders are bad. It's just that Honda rollers are good enough, and reliable.
Then getting both better acceleration AND top speed from sliders (with a given horsepower) is
simply impossible.
- why dyno a f...ing scooter.


A lot of people dyno scooters for tuning. I guess your satisfied with good enough reliable scooter. That’s cool.


They have an interesting hobby make trivial improvements to a relatively low speed machine. Everyone needs a hobby.


Another good enough rider lol


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Like what you see here? Buy the admin a beer! Donate at the link below:

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!