New Forza 300 vs PCX 125

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

aphid
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Pearl Siena Red

New Forza 300 vs PCX 125

Post by aphid »

In a couple of months time I am contemplating trading in my faithful PCX 125 for the new Forza 300. What differences am I likely to notice, please, such as acceleration from traffic lights, comfort and manoeuverability through traffic?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: New Forza 300 vs PCX 125

Post by you you »

aphid wrote:In a couple of months time I am contemplating trading in my faithful PCX 125 for the new Forza 300. What differences am I likely to notice, please, such as acceleration from traffic lights, comfort and manoeuverability through traffic?

Illiteracy aside, maybe a bigger scooter?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Forza 300 is: much faster, more storage space under the seat, worse fuel consumption, has much longer service interval mileage, comfier seating position, better weather protection.
PCX is: smaller turning radius and weighs less
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
aphid
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aphid »

Thanks for your comments. So there would be a significant rather than modest difference between the two, worthy of the additional financial investment?
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Indubitably :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

I use to own the PCX125, it is hell of a lot of fun. I only sold it because I needed the 300's freeway speed.

I would love to add the PCX150 when its time to add another scooter to the garage. I don't see any trade offs to buying used Honda Scooters. It will sell unlike some other brands. And you don't lose your shirt.
:geek:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Go Forza aphid and enjoy it!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

aphid wrote:Thanks for your comments. So there would be a significant rather than modest difference between the two, worthy of the additional financial investment?
If you ever intend using A-roads then yes definitely.
PCX is fine for cities and country lanes, nothing else.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
aphid
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aphid »

Thanks for all the comments. I think what I miss most is being able to whizz round and past slow moving cars in and around town. On my PCX 125 I have to build up momentum to have much of a chance. In my Suzuki Bandit 600 days it was a piece of cake. If the Forza 300 can bring that back to me that would be a huge plus. Still trying to sell it to myself and the more ammo I can muster the better.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

For context, Bandit 600 is roughly three times the power of a Forza 300.
Forza 300 is fine in urban traffic and quick enough on A-roads to keep pace with traffic, but if you're doing 75mph and want to accelerate, you'll need to be patient.
Xmax 300 is 5hp (20%) more powerful and faster at the top end.
aphid
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aphid »

Ok, thanks. Quite a difference when you put it that way. I think my Bandits used to be 111bhp..?..compared to just under 30bhp for the Forza 300, although I am not expecting or wanting that speed, now. Older and wiser than I was 20 years ago and I like the ease of riding a scooter.

Xmax I assume is the Yamaha? I have been looking at comparisons involving this bike. I have also been considering the Kawasaki J300. All three are very similar. That said, I have a Honda dealer right down the road. The nearest Kawasaki dealer is 20 odd miles away, but has no demonstrator for me to try. No Yamaha dealer around either. I don’t need to upgrade but I retire in 8 weeks time on my birthday so thought I’d treat myself... As I said earlier, I just have to convince myself to go ahead. Head says don’t waste your money. Heart says go...
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ah Shoot!
Breakdown

Reasons to buy new scoot:
We only live once
Yer older and wiser
Yer retiring
Spend money
and best reason...Eva,
Yer Birthday's in yer face!
Got yer Health? Than Two Feet In, I say! Rest them on the boards and roll away!

Now surprise us and pick your wheels. Pics awaited :D

P.S. I did the same (not once but twice) and bought me a Scooter prezzie on me Burthday. No regrets.
And Nothing made me Happier.

So, "If ya Wanna be Happy for the rest of Your Life......"

Let's Get This Party Started!
(Oh, I'm in a mood Today & Getting Excited for Ya! ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
aphid
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aphid »

WhiteNoise: Correct me if I’m wrong but it sounds to me like you think I should get my new scooter..? :lol:
You might have a bit of a wait for pictures, though. It will be early July before I will be making that step. But I have to confess it is extremely likely! When my wife catches on I’m going to blame you, you know... Damn forum! ;)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

aphid wrote:WhiteNoise: Correct me if I’m wrong but it sounds to me like you think I should get my new scooter..? :lol:
You might have a bit of a wait for pictures, though. It will be early July before I will be making that step. But I have to confess it is extremely likely! When my wife catches on I’m going to blame you, you know... Damn forum! ;)

Go for it I say.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Turns out Xmax not as powerful as i had thought.

Kawasaki J300 29 bhp 4000 mile service interval, underpinnings by Kymco, screw and locknut valve clearance adjusters, very easy to service
Yamaha Xmax 300 28 bhp 6000 mile service interval, shims, check due every 12,000 miles
Honda Forza 300 25 bhp 8000 mile service interval, shims, check due every 16,000 miles

Bandit 600 was around 80 bhp
aphid
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aphid »

gn2 wrote:Turns out Xmax not as powerful as i had thought.

Kawasaki J300 29 bhp 4000 mile service interval, underpinnings by Kymco, screw and locknut valve clearance adjusters, very easy to service
Yamaha Xmax 300 28 bhp 6000 mile service interval, shims, check due every 12,000 miles
Honda Forza 300 25 bhp 8000 mile service interval, shims, check due every 16,000 miles
Many thanks for the comparative info. Interesting. Quite a discrepancy in service intervals although insignificant given my low mileage (my 6 year old PCX has only done just over 8000 miles). I read that the new Forza is lighter. Would this offset the lower bhp in any way?
Excuse my ignorance but what are screw and locknut valve clearance adjusters, and what are shims?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

The devices used to adjust the cylinder head valve clearances.
screw and locknut = good, easy and cheap to adjust
shims = bad, expensive and difficult to adjust
aphid
Regular User
Regular User

Post by aphid »

gn2 wrote:The devices used to adjust the cylinder head valve clearances.
screw and locknut = good, easy and cheap to adjust
shims = bad, expensive and difficult to adjust
OK. Thanks.