7850 miles on original rear tire!

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

pullin_gs
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Red

7850 miles on original rear tire!

Post by pullin_gs »

I dont recommend it, but I got almost 8K miles out of my rear tire.
Nylon was showing.
Cost me over $180 to replace (86 for tire, 90 to install, tax).
I decided to let stealership install it....too much trouble to pull wheel.
Dealer would not give me bike back due to mandatory recall...so I had to wait two more hours for them to put a new fuel pump on. :-(
FYI Front tire has not hit the wear marks yet.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Re: 7850 miles on original rear tire!

Post by davenowherejones »

I only got 9819 km (6101 miles) out of my original ScootSmart tire but at 8121 km I picked up an industrial staple. I unknowingly rode 60 km home with a deflating tire. It was flat the next day. It was plugged until I got a new tire 1698 km later. Michelin CityGrips are hard to get here. They have to come from Montreal and Canada is a big ass country.

I got 16323 km (10142) out of the rear CityGrip but that was down to the wires unfortunately. Hard to get again, you would think I would learn, cheap Welsh father to blame.

Letting the wires or nylon show through tires is very dangerous. BTDT unintentionally. I have a replacement tire in my shed now for when I need it. I bought tire irons and will try to replace it myself when it is time.
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

My rear IRC tyre are wearing down kind of fast, I might get 6,000 miles from them. 10k miles from your CityGrips is quite impressive, I might consider those for my next rear tire.

Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

I don't know why but I'm currently at 15,300 kms (9500 miles) (1 year and 2 months) on my stock rear IRC tire and I haven't touched the center wear bars yet. I will change as soon as it touch them wear bars.

the front seems like they would last twice as the rear.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

alx123 wrote:I don't know why but I'm currently at 15,300 kms (9500 miles) (1 year and 2 months) on my stock rear IRC tire and I haven't touched the center wear bars yet. I will change as soon as it touch them wear bars.

the front seems like they would last twice as the rear.
I am on a Forza 300, you I suspect are on a PCX.

I am 200 pounds and I bet you aren't.
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

dang, your'e right. My bad, should've check im in the Forza forum..
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

alx123 wrote:dang, your'e right. My bad, should've check im in the Forza forum..
Same here. lol

Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Post by aguim »

davenowherejones wrote:I only got 9819 km (6101 miles) out of my original ScootSmart tire but at 8121 km I picked up an industrial staple. I unknowingly rode 60 km home with a deflating tire. It was flat the next day. It was plugged until I got a new tire 1698 km later. Michelin CityGrips are hard to get here. They have to come from Montreal and Canada is a big ass country.

I got 16323 km (10142) out of the rear CityGrip but that was down to the wires unfortunately. Hard to get again, you would think I would learn, cheap Welsh father to blame.

Letting the wires or nylon show through tires is very dangerous. BTDT unintentionally. I have a replacement tire in my shed now for when I need it. I bought tire irons and will try to replace it myself when it is time.
Dave, good luck with the tire irons. I found it near impossible to get the rear completely out of the rim using them- only to discover that sawing out the bead with a little Dremel made it very easy. Dremel is Magic.

I
leoper
Color: white

Post by leoper »

i have the original scootsmart at this moment with 7000 km, but i don like it

i have tried citygroup in other scooters, and i hate it

i want to check avon viper strike, becouse heidenau tyres has not tyres to fit in forza 300
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

leoper wrote:i have the original scootsmart at this moment with 7000 km, but i don like it. i have tried citygroup in other scooters, and i hate it. i want to check avon viper strike, becouse heidenau tyres has not tyres to fit in forza 300
I know this was referring to the Forza, and I have a PCX, but where tyre types are concerned:
I had no issues with stock tyres - rear lasted over 3yr's and 13,000miles, I now have a CG fitted to the rear and still stock on the front. IMHO, CG is ok, not much better if any than the stock tyre as it seems people love it for 'tiliting the scooter round turns' and the CG may have the edge there due to the tread pattern, but for normal forward rolling, the CG does not have any advantage to my mind (wet or dry). See how long it lasts compared to stock.