Help needed

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy
Year: 2015
Color: Bronze

Help needed

Post by Sandymay »

Does that piece at the rear of the bike, where the top box would sit, come off easily, and if so how? I'd like to remove it to take to an automotive paint store to have the colour mixed for touch ups.

Next question, how did I post pictures? Is there a link to a tutorial someone could post?

Thanks!
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: Help needed

Post by Jge64 »

If you're talking about the piece that would come off so you can mount the top box, it will literally pull off with your fingernails if you get underneath it after you push the two centers of the pins ....… Pops on and off. I wrapped it in black to match some other black parts on my bike.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Well, there is a bit more to it, but not much more. You see two black retainer rivets. Gently press the centers of those rivets in with something - not too sharp - pin drift would be nice, but even a bit of coat hanger would be fine. You only need to press the center in two or three millimeters, and it doesn't take much pressing. Once the center is depressed, use a fingernail or pocketknife blade to lift the rivet up out of the hole. There are still four tabs that need to be released, and that is done by gently lifting up around the edges of the cover. A non-marring prybar of some sort (plastic putty knife maybe?) is helpful. The piece that you are talking about is probably the easiest piece to remove on the scoot.

Reinstallation is easier - it just sort of snaps into place since you now know where those stupid tabs are.

To reset the rivets, push that center black bit back up to the surface of the rivet, and then a bit beyond - again, two or three mm. This will let the rivet "wings" close back together when you reinsert the rivet. Finally press the center button flush, and you are done!

Pictures are also easy, but it depends on how you access the message board. First of all, you need to be in the "full editor". Below the box where you enter your post is a box to "upload attachment". You have to find the file on your computer or phone or whatever using "Choose File". The big issue for most people is that the file needs to be smaller than what comes out of their cameras or even phones, although for some, just figuring out just which folder the darned picture IS is a big enough problem.

Here is a link to a previous discussion: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... es#p103124
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

A lot of my plastic rivets eventually broke and I replaced them with big ugly roofing screws. If Honda had spent a dollar more they could have used something stronger than really, really cheap plastic rivets.

I add the usual disclaimer that the previous owner had the Forza fall over in a parking lot. The British Columbia government run insurance company wrote off the whole almost new scooter. The NEW government is claiming the old government was incompetent.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

In the ever elusive 'how to' section of this forum you will find this sticky post. It's really dated and I've never seen an oversized image automatically thumbnail in here. But have a look and let me know if you need more help putting up pictures. Do not use third party hosting services for your pictures because like photobucket eventually they all plan to hold your embeds hostage for money which destroy precious tutorial threads in forums like this.

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=912
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy

Post by Sandymay »

Thanks everyone! So appreciated.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

You should be able to get touch up paint direct from a paint supplier without mixing, they are all standard Honda colours.
The colour code should be on a sticker in the storage compartment under the seat.

The push pins are standard Honda parts, they can usually be had cheaper from Honda car dealerships.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy