New Forza 2016 ABS

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

markcap
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016

New Forza 2016 ABS

Post by markcap »

Ok. I read the replies from my previous post. Fish, i even found your website! I just didn't want a scooter designed more for highway. 95% of my rides all not on highway. Based on what I read all over the web the Burgman is a great scoot but maybe more than what I want now. I downsized from a DL1000cc to a DL650 and now to scooters. I love the ease and braking capabilities of a scooter vs a top heavy Vee Strom. And I'm trying to stay downsized!

I have been eyeing a 2016 Forza originally purchased in 6/17 and traded in last week with 200 miles on the odometer. Negotiated down some and paid $4500 OTD. It's has 10 months warranty still on it. Like new. Never left the garage!

But the dealer didn't have the owner's manual. I need some help information regarding the break in period if anyone can supply that would be great.

Markcap
2016 PCX--Dark Candy Red
2016 Forza--Pearl Red
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Re: New Forza 2016 ABS

Post by montliz44 »

Congrats, Markcap, on your new scoot and your super good deal. You're gonna love that scooter. Just about the only service issues on Forzas have been with the rear brakes. If you use the rear brake often, as you may have to in PA, the pads tend to wear out quickly and it's hard to check them for wear due to their location. (I live in flat country so I never use mine.)

Other than that, the Forza is pretty much trouble-free and a great ride. Initial oil change is at 600 miles and subsequent oil changes are every 8000 miles. No problems with valve adjustments have been reported to my knowledge. Keep an eye on possible coolant leaks from the water pump (rare but subject of an earlier recall) and you should be good to go.

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
SteveP
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: red

Post by SteveP »

The dealer should be able to order you an owners manual, or check the internet. Factory service manuals are availiable on the internet for around $50 new. Maybe used on eBay. here is a link to an owners manual downloaded on the internet...
http://mototh.com/files/honda/Forza-300 ... ual-EN.pdf
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Excellent price - Congratulations.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

You have made an excellent decision and choice. Price is great and could not be passed up. I find the Forza to be a nicely balanced bike that rides well in the hills and wind relatively comfortable and has maneuverability comparable to many of the smaller scoots.Has nice power too. Good luck and best wishes on the new toy..
markcap
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016

Post by markcap »

Did I mention I bought a 2016 PCX with 554mi on the odometer last May, same day I sold my DL650? I really like the PCX for commuting everyday. Its perfect for my daily trip. Johnny from Galveston, TX and I are like brothers! Stole that for $2600 OTD!

easyrider wrote:You have made an excellent decision and choice. Price is great and could not be passed up. I find the Forza to be a nicely balanced bike that rides well in the hills and wind relatively comfortable and has maneuverability comparable to many of the smaller scoots.Has nice power too. Good luck and best wishes on the new toy..
Attachments
Dragon.png
Dragon.png (418.76 KiB) Viewed 674 times
Markcap
2016 PCX--Dark Candy Red
2016 Forza--Pearl Red
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Super, super !
And a great price on a 16' and even better for the ABS model ! You killed it!
Break in is like any other big scoot. No steady speeds, slow or high. Vary the the throttle - loading and unloading the engine, often. No max throttle, or long idles.
Do this for as long as you can stand it - or 600-1000 miles, whichever comes first.
I'd change the oil and filter at 600 miles. Easy enough.
I won't re-start a war here, but I changed my oil & filter a whole lot more often than the manual says.
Use Honda products. This scoot will last you a long time.
I sold my nice Burgman 400 this week for a 2018, 155cc Piaggio big wheeled scooter - that's how much i disliked highway (and urban) riding on a 500lb maxi scooter.
I'd sell you my big service manual - but I like to read it at bedtime.!
You did good!
Enjoy it safely and post pix and impressions.
fish