Really considering a Forza--Help

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

markcap
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016

Really considering a Forza--Help

Post by markcap »

Hello everyone,

I am an life long experienced motorcycle owner & rider. I downsized to a scooter last year and I love it. Not going back to a top heavy dual sport bike. I started with a 2008 Aprillia Sport City 250. Bought a 2016 PCX 150. Love both. Sold the Sport City 250. Keeping the PCX for commuting to work. Need something I can run at 65mph and/or some limited Interstate riding.

Is the Forza a good machine or will I be disappointed with performance on the Interstate? Should I skip over and aim for Burgman 400?
$4000 is my max.
Markcap
2016 PCX--Dark Candy Red
2016 Forza--Pearl Red
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Really considering a Forza--Help

Post by fish »

markcap wrote:Hello everyone,

I am an life long experienced motorcycle owner & rider. I downsized to a scooter last year and I love it. Not going back to a top heavy dual sport bike. I started with a 2008 Aprillia Sport City 250. Bought a 2016 PCX 150. Love both. Sold the Sport City 250. Keeping the PCX for commuting to work. Need something I can run at 65mph and/or some limited Interstate riding.

Is the Forza a good machine or will I be disappointed with performance on the Interstate? Should I skip over and aim for Burgman 400?
$4000 is my max.
You just missed my 2 yr old showroom condition 2013 Burgman 400 (bought new as a left-over) , less than 6,000 miles.
Sold for less than your $4,000. Yeah, for sustained 65 mph the Burgman is a cruiser at that low speed - it can cruise at 70-75 easily..... The Forza will be feeling it. But if not sustained, daily blasts on highway....the Forza will work too. I preferred owning and riding the Forza - over the Burgman - no brainer for me. But that statement will excite a lot of Burgman owners!
I owned both a new Forza (for 365 days) and a new Burgman (for 750 days). IF you plan to keep it for decades - the Burgman is thought of as a true 100,000 scooter. The Forza....who knows?
Loved the Forza. Sold the Burgman to move down to a 155cc Piaggio!
Fish
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Forza can't get out of it own way. Not good for interstates. I have 50,000 km on a Forza. Only really good for 100 kmph (60 mph).
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

davenowherejones wrote:Forza can't get out of it own way. Not good for interstates. I have 50,000 km on a Forza. Only really good for 100 kmph (60 mph).
I agree .. especially if there will be hills and valleys .
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

If you can find a Kymco Downtown 300 its faster than a Forza but lighter and not as bulky as a Burgman.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong