pillion

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

horobags
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: white

pillion

Post by horobags »

hi all, thinking of buying another forza 300, my wife rides pillion most of the time these days, how do the 300's perform' 2 up'?? your thoughts please. :)
By the way Im 14 stone, wife is 7.5 stone.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: pillion

Post by you you »

horobags wrote:hi all, thinking of buying another forza 300, my wife rides pillion most of the time these days, how do the 300's perform' 2 up'?? your thoughts please. :)
It seems to work for most people at a push.

How does your car perform with four people in?
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

We got the Forza specifically for two-up - it works great. I'm about your weight, and the Admiral is not far behind me (and I'm not asking). I avoid highway, but I don't have to. Big Scootie will easily hold 70 mph with the two of us. I do find the Forza ponderous with the two of us, but I guess that it should be no surprise that PCX and I are a lot more nimble around the potholes.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

horobags wrote:hi all, thinking of buying another forza 300, my wife rides pillion most of the time these days, how do the 300's perform' 2 up'?? your thoughts please. :)
I am just curious why the British still use an ancient measurement of stones?

Are they big rocks or little rocks?

Time to hit the calculator. Apple Calculator does not do stones. OK dictionary? 14 pounds to a stone or 196 pounds. You are bigger than me at 178 pounds.

So you and the wife are about 300 pounds plus 30 pounds for gear/clothes/helmets gives about 330. Forza carrying capacity is 390 pounds officially. So you are good to go. I bet China and India both go way over this and still ride. Seen crazy pictures.

My Forza handles strangely if I put 10 pounds in the top case. I have never tried a passenger. Who knows?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:
I am just curious why the British still use an ancient measurement of stones?

Are they big rocks or little rocks?

Time to hit the calculator. Apple Calculator does not do stones. OK dictionary? 14 pounds to a stone or 196 pounds. You are bigger than me at 178 pounds.

So you and the wife are about 300 pounds plus 30 pounds for gear/clothes/helmets gives about 330. Forza carrying capacity is 390 pounds officially. So you are good to go. I bet China and India both go way over this and still ride. Seen crazy pictures.

My Forza handles strangely if I put 10 pounds in the top case. I have never tried a passenger. Who knows?
You do know pounds and stones are both part of the same imperial measurement system?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

But in Canada we basically don't use stone and the British still do for some odd reason.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:But in Canada we basically don't use stone and the British still do for some odd reason.

No we don't, we use metric just like the rest of the world apart from you and the USA. You really need to check your facts before you make statements like that.

Older people still use imperial because that is what they were used to. And there are some throwback exceptions.
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

And just to add to the mix, here in New Zealand we use kilograms.

I have my adult daughter on the back of the PCX quite often - to be honest, I find it all about balance; we've clocked up so many KM with her on the back that I just about forget she's there now. Bike feels it a little at WOT, but I always feel a little safer taking the city limit way into town with a pillion on the back on the PCX (wouldn't like to have a rear tyre failure at open road speed with a pillion).
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

you you wrote:
davenowherejones wrote:But in Canada we basically don't use stone and the British still do for some odd reason.

No we don't, we use metric just like the rest of the world apart from you and the USA. You really need to check your facts before you make statements like that.

Older people still use imperial because that is what they were used to. And there are some throwback exceptions.
The grocery stores around here in British Columbia, Canada use a horrible mix of pounds and metric. Quite frankly I think it has an element of fraud. They don't want you to know which foods are cheaper. Real Canadian Super Stores are one of the worst at trying to cheat you, 6 items for six dollars or one for three dollars (in small print as well)!

I looked up the history of stone weights. It also varied from place to place and from century to century. I suspect that the differences were that merchants in different areas where trying to cheat each other.
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Red

Post by MBMyer »

I bought the Forza as an in-town commuter (great gas mileage and I can park it anywhere; I even find non-metered corners in parking garages down town so I don’t have to pay for parking). When Dr. Nurse and I are going out for an evening or to church, we typically take the scooter and leave the care in the driveway. Together, we weigh in at 315 lbs / 143 kg, and the bike does fine with it.

Pax et bonum,
Michael
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring
horobags
Regular User
Regular User

Post by horobags »

thanks for the replies everyone, the 300 forza isnt available new anymore from honda-uk, so Ive bought a sh 300, lovely scoot, my wife was comfy on the back on the test ride. It has big wheels so will cope well on the Uk wornout roads.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

horobags wrote:thanks for the replies everyone, the 300 forza isnt available new anymore from honda-uk, so Ive bought a sh 300, lovely scoot, my wife was comfy on the back on the test ride. It has big wheels so will cope well on the Uk wornout roads.
It is still listed on the UK website. Does that mean they are soldout in Britain?
horobags
Regular User
Regular User

Post by horobags »

my honda dealer told me no more in the UK.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Forza load capacity is 169 kilos, 372.5 lbs.
Fish
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

Forza 300 no longer available new in UK...and is therfore not included in the latest Honda bike magazine in UK.
May also have been dropped in rest of Europe. SH300 the only Honda scooter in the 300 size now. Shame really as its a great bike.
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Here in NZ we've never had it - the PCX is Honda's biggest scooter. If I wanted to go bigger I think I'd go for the NC750X with the "storage where the fuel tank usually is". I'd be wanting a DCT model though, which they don't import into NZ yet either ...
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

dergav wrote:Forza 300 no longer available new in UK...and is therfore not included in the latest Honda bike magazine in UK.
May also have been dropped in rest of Europe. SH300 the only Honda scooter in the 300 size now. Shame really as its a great bike.
As of 24 July 17 Forza 300 still advertised on Honda UK website.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

Aye...noticed that...assumed they still need to update their on line...unless they leave online while there are existing Forza300s for sale in uk dealers?
Certainly its dropped from their latest uk glossy marketing magazine where all their bikes are covered.