Are Forza 300 parts hard to get?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: Are Forza 300 parts hard to get?

Post by davenowherejones »

fish wrote:Yep, as soon as I bought my Forza I laid on some of the consumables (crazy that UK, only, carries the plug!) then sold it on after exactly 365 days...with parts still in my cabinet! Can't use the oil and air filter in my CB500X! (but can the filters)
Fish
Buying parts too far in advance sometimes means you have leftover parts left over even though you no longer own that particular motorcycle.

I probably still have a few parts from my 1981 Honda CB125 laying around here somewhere. And also the 1985 GPZ305, the BWS, the Geely 150, the KLX 250, the DR650 and a 1977 Honda Civic 2 speed semi-automatic, etc.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

davenowherejones wrote:I finally got my drive belt and my fork seals. I might put the belt on tomorrow.

I will wait until I have a round front tire before I have the fork seals done.

I am expecting my rear CityGrip in the next few days but the front is backordered.

My rear is really worn out but I probably have very little oil in my forks.

I want the tires yesterday.
I put the belt on the next day. I was missing a few offical Honda tools so I used a few dodgy setups to do the job.

The electric impact took a little longer to undue nuts than I wanted. I am dyslexic so I sometimes run it the wrong way. At one time I wanted to become a professional mechanic. I passed the introductory college courses but made too many mistakes that would endanger the general public.

I always thought a CVT was more complicated. I cleaned everything and struggled to get it back together. It all works but I am missing an o-ring from where the clutch bolt (?) spindle (?) goes into the case. I tried a few local autoparts stores but it looks like I will have to get 3 of them from a Honda dealer or eBay (?)

I did a few test rides, everything appears to work. Sunday I was invited to the NEW Langley BMW Ducati dealer for test rides. The rear tire is getting skinny but the belt installation seems OK. I rode a Ducati Scrambler which was fun but it puts too much pressure on my wrists and crotch. Too old & beat up is me.

I hung around all day and managed to snag a ride on a Ducati 1200 Multistrada. It had an interesting multimode electronic suspension. The L90 twin engine was right below my crotch. I makes the seat very warm. It would be nice in the winter but was too hot for the summer.

It also has a chain and a 6 (?) speed manual transmission. I hit neutral a few times unexpectedly. The person in front of me did also. We almost collided during the tightly spaced spirited group ride. I hate group rides. I like my CVT. I test rode a Honda Africa Twin DCT a few months ago. That was nice but expensive.

I like my slow comfortable Honda Forza 300.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:
davenowherejones wrote:I finally got my drive belt and my fork seals. I might put the belt on tomorrow.

I will wait until I have a round front tire before I have the fork seals done.

I am expecting my rear CityGrip in the next few days but the front is backordered.

My rear is really worn out but I probably have very little oil in my forks.

I want the tires yesterday.
I put the belt on the next day. I was missing a few offical Honda tools so I used a few dodgy setups to do the job.

The electric impact took a little longer to undue nuts than I wanted. I am dyslexic so I sometimes run it the wrong way. At one time I wanted to become a professional mechanic. I passed the introductory college courses but made too many mistakes that would endanger the general public.

I always thought a CVT was more complicated. I cleaned everything and struggled to get it back together. It all works but I am missing an o-ring from where the clutch bolt (?) spindle (?) goes into the case. I tried a few local autoparts stores but it looks like I will have to get 3 of them from a Honda dealer or eBay (?)

I did a few test rides, everything appears to work. Sunday I was invited to the NEW Langley BMW Ducati dealer for test rides. The rear tire is getting skinny but the belt installation seems OK. I rode a Ducati Scrambler which was fun but it puts too much pressure on my wrists and crotch. Too old & beat up is me.

I hung around all day and managed to snag a ride on a Ducati 1200 Multistrada. It had an interesting multimode electronic suspension. The L90 twin engine was right below my crotch. I makes the seat very warm. It would be nice in the winter but was too hot for the summer.

It also has a chain and a 6 (?) speed manual transmission. I hit neutral a few times unexpectedly. The person in front of me did also. We almost collided during the tightly spaced spirited group ride. I hate group rides. I like my CVT. I test rode a Honda Africa Twin DCT a few months ago. That was nice but expensive.

I like my slow comfortable Honda Forza 300.

Ffs. I guess both Homie and me wishes we lived close.

Spark up the BBQ and get the beers out :D
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

My rear City Grip tire arrived from Fort 9 Montreal today. Ordered on July 14, 2017 late on a Friday afternoon. It shipped the following Monday after the weekend. It arrived here today, Monday, July 24, 2017. It spent the weekend in Richmond, BC.

The cost was $77.40 Canadian or about $60 USA.

Now I need to get my local dealer to find some time to mount and balance the tire. Also I need the fork seals replaced and maybe the brake pads. I will call them first thing in the morning.

I am half tempted to buy some tire spoons and do it myself. Big spoons are expensive though.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

davenowherejones wrote:My rear City Grip tire arrived from Fort 9 Montreal today. Ordered on July 14, 2017 late on a Friday afternoon. It shipped the following Monday after the weekend. It arrived here today, Monday, July 24, 2017. It spent the weekend in Richmond, BC.

Now I need to get my local dealer to find some time to mount and balance the tire. Also I need the fork seals replaced and maybe the brake pads. I will call them first thing in the morning.

I am half tempted to buy some tire spoons and do it myself. Big spoons are expensive though.

Are there no motorcycle tyre fitters locally? Might be cheaper?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

you you wrote:
davenowherejones wrote:My rear City Grip tire arrived from Fort 9 Montreal today. Ordered on July 14, 2017 late on a Friday afternoon. It shipped the following Monday after the weekend. It arrived here today, Monday, July 24, 2017. It spent the weekend in Richmond, BC.

Are there no motorcycle tyre fitters locally? Might be cheaper?
There was a local tire fitter, I tried to use him last time but he got into a fight with an employee of his and ended up very badly hurt in the hospital. I think I will stay away from those people.

Scooters are very rare around here. Hope is a village of about 6000 people. Chilliwack is the closest town (50 km) with about 100,000 people. Big Top Powersports is the Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, KTM, Arctic Cat dealer. I don't think the Harley Davidson dealer has time to change tires on a scooter. Gnarly Parts might be able to do a scooter but mostly do dirt bikes.

I need to give Big Top the business. I might save a few dollars in the short term but it will cost me more in the long run.
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

Hey Dave,

In my experience, scooter tires are really hard to get off and on with hand tools. Better to let a shop with a tire stand do it if you can.

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

montliz44 wrote:Hey Dave,

In my experience, scooter tires are really hard to get off and on with hand tools. Better to let a shop with a tire stand do it if you can.

Johnny
I suspect you are right. It is small tire but relatively strong sidewalls.

I accidentally rode 50 km on a flat rear tire. It actually handled pretty good at 110 kmph.