Questions regarding new Forza 300

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Stormswift
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Questions regarding new Forza 300

Post by Stormswift »

Hi. I am new to Forza 300 here in US. In reading manual I did not quite understand what would be a recommended tire pressure for rider under 220 lbs. I check tire pressure regularly and want to make sure it is optimal.
Secondly, for those in US, what type/brand/specification of battery tender do you use?
Thank you much
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Re: Questions regarding new Forza 300

Post by davenowherejones »

Stormswift wrote:Hi. I am new to Forza 300 here in US. In reading manual I did not quite understand what would be a recommended tire pressure for rider under 220 lbs. I check tire pressure regularly and want to make sure it is optimal.
Secondly, for those in US, what type/brand/specification of battery tender do you use?
Thank you much
In Canada we don't need no stinkin' battery tender (Bad movie quote, Mel Brooks?).

I am 180 lbs. I use front 25 psi and rear 29 psi. Not sure if this is right but it is what I use. Other opinions?
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

210# 29/32 +- Any 12 volt battery tender works well.. exide , Schumacher, battery tender few names
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MBMyer »

Down here in the warm south, I don’t use a battery tender since I ride nearly every day. Nevertheless, I do have a quick-disconnect attached to my battery for powering a small air-pump and for allowing connection to a charger for that day I go outside and discover that the battery has decided not to hold its charge overnight. I also have a dedicated voltmeter that I can plug into the disconnect when the time comes to start diagnosing electrical gremlins.

My trickle charger is the Schumacher MC-1. This is the third bike I have had it for; it’s close to 20 years old.

My inflator is the Dynaplug Ultra Compact Micro Pro, which pulls less than 5 amps (so I suppose I could plug it into the accessory/lighter socket in the left side glove box) to which I have added a CyclePump EZ Air guage with a 90º quick-release chuck.

My tire pressure I have been playing with for a while. I currently have them a bit too stiff, I think, which is great for gas mileage but has made the ride a bit too harsh (and probably has diminished the traction). I’ll try to remember to report back when I have pressures with which I’m happy.

Michael
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015 with only 15K on the clock
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

Thank you all . This helps. I have a Deltran Battery tender Jr for my Buddy 150 and was wondering if it would be OK to use with my Forza if needed. I dont have pigtails for outside charging on Forza (maybe in time), Although I have them on my Buddy I always remove and bring battery inside for the winter and keep it on the tender. Took Buddy original battery something like 5-6 years vefore it died
Ole
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ole »

I go 210# and have found that 28# front 32# rear gives me the best ride. City Grips tires.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome to our forum(s) Stormswift, and congrats on owning a Forza. I like your avatar! It's a Genuine Buddy Pamplona, correct? I like it! Does it have the louder horn? :D You certainly have taken a step up in power going to a Forza, how's that working for you? 8)
As far as battery tender....yes, I agree a Deltran Battery Tender Jr. does the job very well. It will extend your batteries life too. That's an inconspicuous plus.

I have a favor to ask, would you please enter your location to your profile? It helps us all to help you should you have more questions. I have easy directions below my post to get that done. Thank you in advance, and Ride Safely Always ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Service manual is clear on this : 25 psi in the front all rider weights
up to 200lb rider 29psi
over 200lbs 29-33psi
Suzuki Burgman is the same way - front tires stay relatively soft on scooters.
Go above 25 psi at the loss of ride comfort for certain - & possibly ride stability since you are reducing the tire/road contact patch.
The manufacturer is not guessing what is best.

Fish