How stable is the Forza

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: How stable is the Forza

Post by davenowherejones »

[/quote]
Hi Dave,

I'm 59, and tall for a woman at 5' 10". I'm also very slender. I think my main problem with the Titan was its performance in 1st gear....it's an older bike, and wouldn't keep running in first, unless you give it gas. Tricky for a novice to give the bike enough gas not to stall, and at the same time brake smoothly etc. I think my biggest handicap now is my fear of falling again. Muscle memory can bite....lol.

On Monday I was training on a Honda Grom....world of difference. It was responsive, didn't need to warm up too long, no choke....and FUN....I'm hopeful to continue training on it, as I can handle it much better and am way more confident on it.
[/quote]

I have never ridden a Grom but I think it would be a good modern motorcycle to learn on. My first motorcycle was a Honda CB125 which I spent a month learning to ride in 1982. After the first month I quit university and rode the 125 from Vancouver to Newfoundland and back.

I ride a lot in the rain on the West Coast. It is doable but you need to be very smooth. Hard for a beginner. Rain sucks.

Riding a peddle bike might get you some balance and muscle control. A little bmx bike that you can throw around.

I am about a year younger than you but probably heavier (180 lbs). Old bones don't bend like they used to. I had a fractured forearm & later a fractured collarbone. So do be careful. Relax and get plenty of sleep the night before.

Enjoy, I got to go buy another set of tires since I ride too much.
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy
Year: 2015
Color: Bronze

Post by Sandymay »

Scarlett wrote:Hi Sandy
I feel for you! I am 56 at 5' 2" and I started riding about a year ago. My husband bought me a nice used Reflex which weighs about 375 pounds. We live on private roads alot of them gravel. I started practicing like crazy. I dropped the bike several times, got scraped up some and also practiced at a school parking lot. Then I took a course on a Honda Metropolitan. After I got my endorsement I decided I wanted something lighter so got a PCX 150. My husband rides the Reflex now. I hope to ride a forza someday but pushing the Reflex around wasnt easy and the Forza is much heavier than that. However my sister rides a Silverwing and she is 4' 10". I guess where there is a will there's a way! Good luck!
Thanks Scarlett!
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy

Post by Sandymay »

davenowherejones wrote:
Hi Dave,

I'm 59, and tall for a woman at 5' 10". I'm also very slender. I think my main problem with the Titan was its performance in 1st gear....it's an older bike, and wouldn't keep running in first, unless you give it gas. Tricky for a novice to give the bike enough gas not to stall, and at the same time brake smoothly etc. I think my biggest handicap now is my fear of falling again. Muscle memory can bite....lol.

On Monday I was training on a Honda Grom....world of difference. It was responsive, didn't need to warm up too long, no choke....and FUN....I'm hopeful to continue training on it, as I can handle it much better and am way more confident on it.
[/quote]

I have never ridden a Grom but I think it would be a good modern motorcycle to learn on. My first motorcycle was a Honda CB125 which I spent a month learning to ride in 1982. After the first month I quit university and rode the 125 from Vancouver to Newfoundland and back.

I ride a lot in the rain on the West Coast. It is doable but you need to be very smooth. Hard for a beginner. Rain sucks.

Riding a peddle bike might get you some balance and muscle control. A little bmx bike that you can throw around.

I am about a year younger than you but probably heavier (180 lbs). Old bones don't bend like they used to. I had a fractured forearm & later a fractured collarbone. So do be careful. Relax and get plenty of sleep the night before.

Enjoy, I got to go buy another set of tires since I ride too much.[/quote]

Thanks Dave :)
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

One final thing, what are you wearing for the motorcycle. You have survived several falls so it must be OK.

Good boots are really important. The right gloves also help. Some women wear tight yoga pants underneath their riding pants (I need a pair). A full face helmet is also good.

I have an armoured jacket for the Forza, armoured pants, knee high dual sport boots.
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy

Post by Sandymay »

I have good gear....armoured jacket, gloves, and motorcycle boots. Full face helmet, and just purchased rain pants, to go over my heavy weight jeans. Armoured pants are on my wish list.

Thanks for asking :)
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy

Post by Sandymay »

I was also gifted a pair of leather chaps.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Sandymay wrote:I was also gifted a pair of leather chaps.
hehe... i'm sorry, seems like a very popular item on Craigslist :oops:
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy

Post by Sandymay »

homie wrote:
Sandymay wrote:I was also gifted a pair of leather chaps.
hehe... i'm sorry, seems like a very popular item on Craigslist :oops:
Lol