What's going on here?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

pja
Year: 2014
Color: Black

What's going on here?

Post by pja »

I have been a member of this forum for several years. Recently something went wrong with my account and I needed to create a new account.

I have been participating of the forum and have just received an email telling me I have a new private message.

When I tried to access this message I get an Forum response saying:

We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature.

Why am I being mucked around like this? Can this please be fixed, there is not much point being on a forum where you can't PM fellow members.

Regards,
Peter :( :o :x :oops: :roll:
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: What's going on here?

Post by chicaboo »

Hi Modsquad,

"pja" was formerly "pja2536". Can you please fix his old account with a password reset or some such?
I might be the forum member who sent him a PM that he can't access from his old account now. :geek:

Cheers, Gav.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

PM facility is not enabled until you make enough posts, its an antispam measure.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019

Post by Alibally »

What was the problem with the old account?

GN2 is correct. A new account cannot send PM's till they have posted 15 times.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Alibally wrote:GN2 is correct. A new account cannot send PM's till they have posted 15 times.
While this is correct, it's a moot point, and I think Peter would rather have his old account fixed which can send PM's.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by Alibally »

That's why I asked what's the problem with it. Its not blocked as far I can see.
I have contacted Maddiedog about it.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hold fast Peter we are looking into this. Sorry for the delay.

Chicaboo, thanks for your input about Peter's previous account name: pja2536.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Alibally wrote:That's why I asked what's the problem with it. Its not blocked as far I can see.
I have contacted Maddiedog about it.
I wasn't trying to be cantankerous, I just felt 2 posts in a row about PM post quota wasn't addressing the issue.
Once again, not trying to be snarky, but if he knew the issue he would probably volunteer that information as well.

That's why I suggested to reset his password, which I assume involves sending a new temp password to his associated email address.
Presumably from there be could log in with the new password and then set his own and be on his merry way.
If that doesn't solve the issue, he's probably no worse off in any event. It may be a problem with his browser or cookies, who knows?
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

The forum owner (administrator) has been notified. Moderators do not have the ability to reset passwords or accounts, nor to remove the default of 15 posts being necessary before PM's can be sent.

In looking at your original account, it shows that you last logged on to that account on May 1st. Could you tell us what went wrong with your original account that made it necessary to create a new account. In the mean time, if you want to access PM's on your new account, you will need to make at least 15 posts. Sorry about that, but as mentioned above, this has been implemented as a way to curtail spammers.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
pja2536
Year: 2013
Color: BLACK

Post by pja2536 »

pja wrote:I have been a member of this forum for several years. Recently something went wrong with my account and I needed to create a new account.

Why am I being mucked around like this? Can this please be fixed, there is not much point being on a forum where you can't PM fellow members.
To everybody above, My old account "pja2536" would not allow me to login. I tried several versions of standard passwords I use for accounts like this.

I just had a look at the progress of this thread and thought I would try to logon again using my old username ("pja2536") and regular password. Surprise! Surprise! it worked. I don't know what has been done, if anything, but thanks for the help and concern by you all.

Everything now seems to be working fine.

Regards,
Peter
Peter Anderson & Co.

"HE HAD offices in Sydney, not so many years ago,
And his shingle bore the legend 'Peter Anderson and Co.',
But his real name was Careless, as the fellows understood-
And his relatives decided that he wasn't any good."

Henry Lawson, August, 1895
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Dementia?

I had a friend who thought his car was broken. He had just forgotten how to start a car?

Or more likely computer problems somewhere, who knows where?
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by Alibally »

Glad it's fixed.
Might have been the ghosts in the machine.