Test Riding Other Motorcycles

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Test Riding Other Motorcycles

Post by davenowherejones »

It's getting too quiet on this forum. It was not quiet last night in the thunderstorm.

I am going to ride the Forza 110 km in the rain for the possibility of test riding a 2017 KTM Duke 390 during a demo day.

I still like my Forza but I am always curious to what the rest of the world is riding. All of the YouTube reviews seem to be from India. Indian lane splitting seems to be suicidal. The forecast is for more thunderstorms.
aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Re: Test Riding Other Motorcycles

Post by aguim »

I'm afraid it will only get quieter in the future. With just a few of them in North America, and
the scooter dropped by Honda...

Now, if you want some REAL reliability issues, hey, why not try KTM !!!
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

The PCX was dropped by Honda, her in North America? To be fair this forum is kind of slow though.

GIl
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Gil, you are in the Forza 300 general forum :lol: You scared me there for a minute. The PCX is alive and well and so is our forum. Ride on, ride on, right on! 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Just got home after a brutal 250 km ride in the rain on the Forza. It was gusty wind from several directions all at the same time. Violent. It was 10 - 15 degrees C most of the time.

The Forza got 30 km/liter or 85 miles per Imperial gallon. I got more cow shit on the scooter but it probably got mostly washed off. That was wet! The Forza was relatively well behaved.

I was not sure if KTM would let their motorcycles be demoed in the rain. But hey, they have won most of the last 20 Dakars. We rode.

I wanted to ride the 2017 KTM Duke 390 single cylinder but they only had a previous generation 2016. I rode it anyway.

A lot of the KTM products are too tall for this short ass. The leader of the group rides is a very good rider who owns a Yamaha R1. I did not want to ride so aggressively in the rain on a new motorcycle which I had no experience. I pulled over and let everyone pass me. I have tons of rain riding experience but I also have several disabilities that I have to work around.

I liked the Duke 390 but it is a naked motorcycle and I have grown to like the Forza high screen in my older age. I have also grown to like the CVT of the Forza. I am hearing impaired and I think it affects my ability to shift a motorcycle at the right points. The Forza is always in the right gear. The Africa Twin dct is pretty good also but too big for a short old guy.

I stopped at McDonalds on the way home, real bad habit. No more thunder for today. Yay!