thinking of buying a 300

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

remida

thinking of buying a 300

Post by remida »

Turning 81 soon and the C50 is getting a little tough to climb on and hold up....dealer has a Honda 300 (red) supposed to be new....think maybe we can trade for 3k and my bike......guess the question would be is there any old timers here on the forum and how do you like these bikes ?
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: thinking of buying a 300

Post by PCX150Rider »

First of all congratulations for continuing to ride into your 80's. I sure hope I'll be able to do that. . .. :)

Sounds like you are currently in possession of a Suzuki C50 or C50T? It's basically an 800cc V-Twin Shaftdrive Cruiser right?

Is the Honda 300 you are thinking about getting the Honda Forza 300 Scooter or one of their Motorcycles like the CB300F or CBR300R?
remida

Post by remida »

looking at a Honda Forza 300 Scooter..and yes getting off a C50 800........is there a mechanics manual on this forum ?..any infor appreciated...dave
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Forza 300 still has a fair bit of weight. While you are at the dealer, toss a leg over a PCX. You will be underwhelmed by the performance of either machine coming off an 800 cc machine. The lighter machine is so easy to maneuver both powered and in the driveway, and is a hoot to ride so long as you don't need 60 MPH very often ( or 65 ever). In both cases, you will love the "twist and go" concept.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Forza has a very low center of gravity.
I stepped off a tiny Chinese scoot and road out into heavy city traffic on my new Forza. By the first traffic light I was amazed at how easy it was to ride...
how secure I felt, and how good the controls were.
You'll like it. I'm a senior as well.
Fish
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

fish wrote:Forza has a very low center of gravity.
I stepped off a tiny Chinese scoot and road out into heavy city traffic on my new Forza. By the first traffic light I was amazed at how easy it was to ride...
how secure I felt, and how good the controls were.
You'll like it. I'm a senior as well.
Fish
Very well stated.. exactly !!
When I changed from the PCX to the Forza I was amazed at how easy it was to ride. I thought that there was going be a learning curve to the newer bigger bike... NOT!! It was amazing how well it performed .. much better on the turns and more stable in the wind and takes the hills nicely.
remida

Post by remida »

thanks for the replys....can a bike jack be used for changing tires ?......where is battery, easy access ?...any choices on larger windshield ? thanks dave
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

remida wrote:thanks for the replys....can a bike jack be used for changing tires ?......where is battery, easy access ?...any choices on larger windshield ? thanks dave
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 736#p43736